Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Well, this is news to me. There is plenty of research on best sleeping positions in my patients (babies): Back to Sleep is a campaign aimed at reducing Sudden Infant Death; lung compliance (stretchiness) is best when a baby is on his/her tummy, so we often use that when they are in the hospital with a lung problem.

I don't have time to do a literature search for you on the best sleeping positions for adults, but I would take this article with a large grain of salt.

Meadbh MD

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
It is possible. One night I took it and some happy looking fat girl beleaguered me all night with demands for sexual exertion beyond my usual modest ability. I did not recognize the surroundings, so it may have been a spaceship. The entire experience left me with a renewed appreciation for corporeal munificence.

Ha
Your case is getting more interesting by the by! Instead of abduction by pale Alien hominids with large grey eyes, or by pale Communist hominids with small almond eyes, have you considered the high possibility that you are in fact the regular kidnapping victim of a loosely knit gang of wanton and lascivious fat, errr Rubenesque, wenches who roam the land drugging unsuspecting men to satiate their sadistic corporeal pleasures? You may be beyond tv specials now...I am thinking books, self-help lectures and an interview with Oprah!

Old 08-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

You might be surprised at how you actually sleep. I always thought I was a left side sleeper, but had a sleep study and surprisingly enough I sleep the majority of the time on my back.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #24

The article says sleeping on left side puts stress on liver.

My meager knowledge of anatomy say the liver is mostly on the right side, and laying on left side the liver might give a wedgie to the diaprhagm and pancreas.

By the way DW say she has never known anyone to trash a bed as much I do. I do flop from left to right a fair amount.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

I'm surprised, since I thought side sleeping was the best. I changed from stomach to side because my neck got sore, and I'll tell you in all seriousness that it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done.

I'll bet most people will snore or have apnea if they sleep on their backs -- and that's not a good thing.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
One night I took it and some happy looking fat girl beleaguered me all night with demands for sexual exertion beyond my usual modest ability.

You can elaborate in this thread:

Have you ever had a dream about an ER Forum member?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
You can elaborate in this thread:

Have you ever had a dream about an ER Forum member?
Oh sure. I am not only a bit odd, I am completely insane. After you my friend!

Anyway, this was a mind altering dream as it completely changed my way of looking at women. A therapist might call it a "breakthrough".

Just today, my UPS guy was ragging on a large woman in our block, so I told him a good dream could solve his problem and make his route a much happier experience.

Ha
Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Just today, my UPS guy was ragging on a large woman in our block, so I told him a good dream could solve his problem and make his route a much happier experience.

Ha

Always looking for the silver lining! You are such a helpful guy!

-- Rita
Old 08-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

My doctor told me to sleep on my left side - if you have acid reflux, your symptoms are alleviated quite a bit without medication when you are on your left side. Something to do with the angle of your esophagus. Works for me.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

I can't imagine sleeping in the same position all night. I usually switch from one side to the other, and it feels good.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

I sleep on my stomach most of the time, switch to right or left side some of the time. I cannot sleep on my back, and never have been able to. Guess I'm defective per the article...

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote