I have breast cancer. :-(((

Another person here to support you. I think you are living every woman's fear. I'm glad you caught it early and it sounds as if you have a great prognosis. I'll be sending healing thoughts and prayers for you as you go through this.

Your DH is a lucky, lucky man. Not only is his wife beautiful, she has a backbone of steel. My very best wishes to the both of you as you fight this together.

BB I KNOW you know what this roller coaster ride feels like. I've already been on the downside - all day yesterday I was a complete MESS. Coming to terms with actually being diagnosed and then having to tell family was, well, just awful. Both DH and I were in a complete state of shock, just now coming out of it. Can't wait to get off the ride! Yes, we are gonna get through this, together. Thanks for being there. :flowers:
Yes sugar I sure do.

Cancer sucks. Dealing with it is even 'suckier' (hmmm...is that a word?) :blink:

We were told by a friend of ours that you can call yourself a cancer survivor if you don't drop dead from being told the diagnosis. So...you've made the first hurdle. :)

Early detection is the key. Focus on understanding and getting your treatments. What matters now is getting healthy once again. Everything else can fall by the wayside.

We'll celebrate with you once you've completed your treatments and are cancer free. :)

Sorry to hear it SG, but its clear you will triumph. Keep your chin up.

I add my best and well wishes to all of the wonderful folks who have posted in this thread. May you recover quickly, and completely.

Coolius

My best friend had a stage 4 masectomy--11 years ago. Medicine is so good now. And you found it early. I wish you a great outcome!

+1 for mammograms - not the most pleasant 15 minutes a year but yours is a great story for early detection.

Prayers headed your way for you and your loved ones as you navigate the journey towards a cure.

Simple Girl,

I hope you keep us posted. I am rooting for you and wish you the best. I think this form of cancer may have one of the highest cure rates. Hang in there.

Best regards,

-helen

So sorry to hear this. I am so happy to hear that it was caught so early and has such a great recovery rate. You do have such a positive attitude, which is going to help tremendously. I would like to be included in your online support group. It won't be easy, but I look forward to the day that you are cancer free.

SG,

Just logged on this morning and was so sad when I read the title of this thread. However, reading your post several times and then reading all the responses I'm certain that the end results are going to be excellent.

Early diagnosis, extremely treatable, and your wonderful attitude to life mean that this will be one of those jogs in life's path that you will take, and get back on track.

Love to you from across the 'pond' :flowers:

Sorry simple girl.

While this is a bump in the road, you can get through it!

Remain positive and hang in there.

I wish you well.

I am new, but you are one of the posters I follow so would just like to let you know that I am thinking of you. Seems you have everyting in control, which doesn't surprise me, your not a simple girl but a very strong woman and you will get through this and it will leave you even stronger.

Do keep us posted, seems you have a big loving fan club here and that can help. Adding my cyber hugs.

Queenie

Here's to a speedy recovery.

This has to have taken you aback, but you are going to be fine. And, good for you for getting those mammograms!!

Keep us posted.

Sorry to hear about your cancer but I am glad for the good prognosis and the fact you seem to be in good hands. I wish you all the best.

Sorry to hear that SG. I know what you're goinng through as DW is a survivor. Wishing you the very best.

Wow, gotta say, waking up and reading all of these posts is the best way ever to start my day.

Between this board, the cancer board, my friends, and my family - I am overwhelmed with the goodness of people!!! Your posts brought me to tears, but that's all good. Need to work those emotions out as they come up. I know it's not good to push it down. I am channeling all the positive energy from you all, and it is giving me even more strength to face this head on.

I will give an update tonight - second opinion with breast surgeon this afternoon to review all of my options.

Thanks so much all. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Oh, and as a side note, need to say that DH and I are feeling sooooo fortunate that we are prepared financially to handle this. I can be out of work as long as needed without it even being a blip in the radar. Having no financial stress sure is a relief at a time like this.

Best of luck Simple Girl. As Rich says, the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor. And stop worrying about the pre-existing condition and post ER health insurance. Under current law you will be able to buy a policy on an exchange in 2014. Things may change but we are not likely to see an outright repeal throwing us back to where we were.

Best of luck Simple Girl. As Rich says, the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor. And stop worrying about the pre-existing condition and post ER health insurance. Under current law you will be able to buy a policy on an exchange in 2014. Things may change but we are not likely to see an outright repeal throwing us back to where we were.

That's encouraging on all fronts Don! I haven't looked at the new law closely at all yet, so hearing that synopsis gives me hope that we'll be able to somehow make FIRE work despite the cancer diagnosis.

Subject titles like that always make me catch my breath. It is a chilling diagnosis. After reading further, the breath came back. So very glad that it is early and yours is highly treatable.

Some of our friends have had BC. Also DW, several years ago. She is OK now. As bbbami said,
We were told by a friend of ours that you can call yourself a cancer survivor if you don't drop dead from being told the diagnosis.
So true.

Take care of yourself and be well.

Simple Girl, I'm very sorry to get this news, but if it helps, I'll share my sister's story. You could be writing her exact diagnosis and treatment. She had this in 1997, in fact, her lumpectomy was on the day that Princess Diana was killed. It was outpatient. At that time, the sentinel node study was considered experimental apparently, because she was asked to participate in a trial/study, which she did. She had radiation only, and never missed a day of work (she is a nurse). No trace has returned in these 14 years since, her scar is nothing and she enjoys perfect health. She was 37 at the time, and no history in our family.

So, listen to your medical team, but travel through this with great hope because it can be very successfully treated.

Back
Top Bottom