If true, this should make you upset

If it will make me upset, why would I want to read it? :)

I agree.
I didn't read it.
Can you post something inspiriational or that will make me happy?
Thanks

I'm not going to read it either, what a sissy.

This thread reminds me of NBC nightly news. I think they get feedback that people are tired of all the bad news these days, so they have these segments such as "Making a Difference" or "Things That Work."

But the things in those segments are usually so pitifully small and insignificant, that it's really just more depressing. Like this:

Today's News

45 people were killed in suicide bomb attack, total now at 140,000
Defense expert says there's no solution to the Iraq war
Supreme court rules against free speech

And now, in our special series, Making a Difference: Horses are now getting better care because of Barbaro.

That is ridiculous. Send your congress person an email and complain.

Thanks,
Did ABC mention this book?

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Syracuse University professor Arthur C. Brooks is about to become the darling of the religious right in America -- and it's making him nervous.

The child of academics, raised in a liberal household and educated in the liberal arts, Brooks has written a book that concludes religious conservatives donate far more money than secular liberals to all sorts of charitable activities, irrespective of income.

In the book, he cites extensive data analysis to demonstrate that values advocated by conservatives -- from church attendance and two-parent families to the Protestant work ethic and a distaste for government-funded social services -- make conservatives more generous than liberals.

The book, titled "Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism" (Basic Books, $26), is due for release Nov. 24.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/204/story_20419_1.html

Thanks,
The child of academics, raised in a liberal household and educated in the liberal arts, Brooks has written a book that concludes religious conservatives donate far more money than secular liberals to all sorts of charitable activities, irrespective of income.

Is Operation Rescue a 501(c)3?

Wonder if this includes donations/tithes to churches? I have no doubt that many churches have outreach/missionary programs; however, many of the churches around here are as big as your local sports arena...

Back
Top Bottom