Insomnia

Yikes, Al, I can't remember the last time I slept more than eight hours, but I bet it involved being up for all of the preceeding 24. I'm usually up after 6.5 hours and love having a 30-minute nap. OTOH my spouse regards eight hours as an absolute minimum and nine as satisfactory, and she sneaks naps too.

Double yikes. Just last night we closed most of the windows, put the Vellux blanket on top of our sheet, and considered wearing socks. I think the low was 75 degrees! After two solid days of rain and lots of overcast, our solar water heater dropped all the way down to 96 degrees.

Winter is definitely here.

:D

Here, too. We're in the high 70s all day, maybe fllrting with high 60s for the after-dinner hours.

"Lynn's Bistro," the place we eat dinner almost every night (located in our covered patio in the back yard) is open for business. Tonight we had a pot roast with veggies and garlic bread, with a nice zin to finish it off. We'll need to put up with this nightly for about 7 months more, but I think we can handle it. OTOH, we did have to get through a pretty steamy summer.

This damned state is like a siren's song: just when you decide you are tired of the long steamy summer, she calls you back. Gently at first, but with a persistent balmy breeze, perfect temperatures for months on end, a teasing shower here and there, but vivid stars, tropical surroundings and the promise of perfect weather for what seems like forever.

Oh - sorry - insomnia was the topic. I'm going to bed.

Yikes, Al, I can't remember the last time I slept more than eight hours, but I bet it involved being up for all of the preceeding 24. I'm usually up after 6.5 hours and love having a 30-minute nap. OTOH my spouse regards eight hours as an absolute minimum and nine as satisfactory, and she sneaks naps too.

Double yikes. Just last night we closed most of the windows, put the Vellux blanket on top of our sheet, and considered wearing socks. I think the low was 75 degrees! After two solid days of rain and lots of overcast, our solar water heater dropped all the way down to 96 degrees.

Winter is definitely here.

I set the thermostat at 50F for winter nights.

Back
Top Bottom