Insurance exclusion wording for GERD / Acid Reflux

ItDontMeanAThing

Full time employment: Posting here.
I've searched for this but was overwhelmed by the amount of irrelevant results. I'm considering changing insurance firms. I have one existing condition that will surely be excluded. But I have no idea how broadly or narrowly insurance companies define exclusions for those with GERD as a pre-existing condition. The current policy states "Exclusion from digestives disorders and their consequences." Doesn't define what those disorders are. This time I'll be smart enough to ask the insurance company for elaboration if I get such a general statement. In the mean time, would anyone care to post the wording for their exclusion?

Yes, I've searched for what are considered digestive disorders. Found several lists. The one used by the insurance company I'm considering is the only one that matters, IMHO.

That wording is so vague and ill defined it sounds like it could include just about anything right down to borborygmi.

Turns out I've nothing to worry about because I'm changing insurance companies for 2013. The new policy has NO exclusions based on my history of GERD. They do have an exclusion for the joint and misc. connective stuff in one shoulder because of an acromioplasty* I had 11 years ago. Old insurance company had no exclusions for that. Go figure.

* ground off a bone spur. They used 4 holes for that: one each for the camera, vacuum, grinder and an extra one just to make sure it hurt enough afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom