Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Actually if you are familiar with my saga, you will know that I did try to sign up early...actually at the beginning of November. The system hosed me and cancelled my current insurance and enrolled me in Medicaid. I had to spend a week on the telephone to get my 2015 policy back in place and get Medicaid cancelled.

I waited until December to sign up again in hopes that they would not be able to cancel my 2015 policy again. I did not realize it would take 5 weeks to get the 2016 policy.

Fermion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by wallygator69 View Post
Open enrollment is still available, you still have time to sign up with another insurer.
I found a local agent that had a sign out front touting ACA. Initial meeting I had a bunch of question (thanks to the folks on this board). She answered 90% (got the other answers) gave us info sheets to fill out with a bunch of questions. She specifically explained we needed to be able to report everything broken down monthly not annually.....

I sat down with her on 12/22, she called BCBS with questions twice. Was there 1.5 hours she entered all the data, we paid the first premium ($48.00 )and set up monthly auto pay. Was enrolled then and there and received our cards yesterday.

Smooth as silk. You still have time. I'd seek the help of an Agent.

We are in SC so no state market place.

Good Luck,

Yes, I've found an agent to be very valuable. I signed up with his help in mid-November. When I checked in early December, though, I noticed that my application was in "submitted" status instead of "completed." I called the agent back and he resubmitted my application, which then came up as "completed."

Obviously I did my own due diligence, but having an agent in my corner who works on ACA applications all day long helped smooth out the bump in the road. AND .... no more waiting on hold for an hour! Hooray!

Mr._Graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:19 AM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets
UHC is having issues, also.

After Blue Cross Blue Shield (TX) announced an end of individual PPO plans for 2016, many people were forced to switch plans and even health insurance companies. But the new insurance is causing problems for some customers. Those who opted to switch their individual health insurance plan to EPO's through United Healthcare are experiencing some delays in receiving their insurance identification cards.

"There was so much volume of activity in that movement to United Healthcare's plans that the insurance companies are backlogged about 20 to 30 days behind on getting all the data entered into the system," Kelly Fristoe, President of Financial Partners said.

This is causing people seeking medical care to pay for it out of pocket. However, Fristoe said to keep your receipts and you will be able to make a claim once your insurance ID cards are given to you. That money will either be put towards your deductible or the insurance company will get you the money that you're owed. Fristoe said a large part of this problem stems from not having enough time.

"A 90 enrollment period every year to take care of switching everybody that needs to switch plans to a new plan, the systems aren't large enough to accommodate a timely transition during that short period of time," Fristoe said. Fristoe said he believes the systems will likely be caught up by March.
Link: Insurance ID Card Delay For New EPO Customers - KAUZ-TV: Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX
MBSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just updating this. I called again yesterday and they finally had my insurance number! I was able to use that to check our account online and it shows the silver plan policy, currently having paid $0 of a $250 a year deductible. Was nice of them to not call me and tell me they had processed our policy after an almost two month delay.

Still....$250 deductible, pretty sweet.

Fermion is offline   Reply With Quote