Votes: 14 25.5%
  • No, she is not obese

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Wish I/DW/GF looked like that!

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
OAP's "Days outta buddameouk" cracked me up - and grossed me out at the same time. A posted made a comment about Jordin Sparks being regular-old-obese. I googled Jordin Sparks to see who/what the hoopla was about. While not a skinny minny, I do not see her as obese, and her curves look to be where they are supposed to be! What do you think?

Last edited:
I think she is a big and tall model. When she matures she is going to be one beautiful woman.

I bet that if we had this poll in 1959, there would be a lot more obese votes.

The amount of fat on that arm, for a 17 year old, I don't see as healthy.

43698.jpg

Jordin Sparks fans are angered at an obesity expert who said that the "American Idol" winner should lose some weight.

MeMe Roth of the National Action Against Obesity told msnbc.com's The Scoop that there have been "hate posts calling for my death" ever since she went on Fox TV and said that Sparks is overweight.

Baby got BACK!!! But she is NOT obese. She's just a big healthy girl with a great voice.

r2321157331.jpg

Funny...her dad Phillipi played cornerback for the giants for a long time...and he was pretty thin.

Which definition of "obese" ?

OBESE (common use definition): Extremely fat; grossly overweight

OBESE (medical definition): Well above ones normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are more than 20 percent over their ideal weight. That ideal weight must take into account the person's height, age, sex, and build.

Jordan doesn't fit the common use defintion for obese, but she might fit the medical definition. For example, if her ideal weight is 140, it only takes 29 extra pounds to hit the medical definition of obese.

Is it a good idea for older men to be "googling young ladies?" :)

Never having heard of her, I did a search :angel: . Found many pictures @ americanidol.com. She's cute! Looks fine to me. My unneeded advice to her would be "carry on!"

Would you believe Overweight?

whether or not she is overweight - it was poor judgement on the part of that obesity expert to try and use her as an example/opportunity to say she is obese - catherine mcph*e from the previous season was also criticized for being overweight (and she's smaller than jordin) and she had a history of bulimia/eating disorders and that's the only thing that got critics to shut up about her weight then...

She looks vibrant and healthy to me. I think she's got some big bone genetics in her. A friend of mine played in the NFL, and his two daughters are bigger, but certainly not obese, and they could beat the crap out of me..........:)

OBESE (medical definition): Well above ones normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are more than 20 percent over their ideal weight. That ideal weight must take into account the person's height, age, sex, and build.

Jordan doesn't fit the common use defintion for obese, but she might fit the medical definition. For example, if her ideal weight is 140, it only takes 29 extra pounds to hit the medical definition of obese.

Yeah, I was using the proper the medical term, and saying that yes, I'm fairly sure she is obese. Looking at that picture you can see a little bit of a double chin, and fat on her arms.

So if you're talking health & medical terms, I think she's obese. Most likely they are correct that she should watch her food intake, increase exercise, etc.

Now I'm not saying that as an insult. I believe that something like 80% of the people in the developed world are obese. I know I'm in that category, and people usually scoff when I say I need to lose some weight.

The big thing is what we're used to. When I think about the people here at work, she looks downright thin.

Barring any strange medical conditions, I assume that if she flipped to a very healthy diet & exercised, she could drop quite a few pounds in a healthy way (not saying skin & bones, saying healthy athlete looking).

Back
Top Bottom