Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #461
Moderator Emeritus

What the #@$% - I weighed 206.5 this morning! I was as low as 204.5 this week. Oh well. 4 mile run today. Half Marathon November 11th.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #462
Recycles dryer sheets

Sarah, 60 pounds is fantastic! Keep up the good work, and if you gals need someone to hold the pole still give a me a call.

laurence, trust me dude, the trail is full of UPS and downs. Don't sweat it unless you go up steadily for 3 weeks in a row or more. Just keep going slow and steady.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #463
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthrnckpa View Post
Sarah, 60 pounds is fantastic! Keep up the good work, and if you gals need someone to hold the pole still give a me a call.
I'd be happy to add some dollar bills to the "retirement" kitty...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #464

173.5 today. I've lost 3.5 lb of the 5 I put on while on holiday. 1.5 to go, I'm "journaling" again to try and quickly get back within range.

Sarah, 60lbs is a fantastic milestone. Try not to put out your back or something when belly dancing
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #465

173.5 today. I've lost 3.5 lb of the 5 I put on while on holiday. 1.5 to go, I'm "journaling" again to try and quickly get back within range.

Sarah, 60lbs is a fantastic milestone. Try not to put out your back or something when belly dancing
Old 10-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #466
Recycles dryer sheets

Down 2 lbs to 330 as of this morning. I'm gaining on Sarah at this rate. That's a total of 48 pounds since last Thanksgiving. Of course, I still have another 100 lbs to go.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #467

48 lbs! That is TRULY AWESOME! And remember how much more muscle you have than me at this point--I'm pretty sure I couldn't do the PT test!
Good luck on saddling back up to the rower--that thing is a killer!

Hey Alan, it is POLE dancing I'm doing for my birthday! :0 But I did just see a court ruling on the news that upheld a worker's comp claim for an "exotic dancer" who was injured while pole dancing. So if I develop any talent, I've got that going for me.....

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #468
Moderator Emeritus

Sarah, we need pictures. Purely for research.

203 this morning. Feel better now.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #469
Recycles dryer sheets

Congrats Laurence let us know how you did on your half marathon, I've been in South Kohala for the past two weeks and watching the pro's train for the Ironman. It is very impressive and motivating (I've been running 6 miles / day and throwing in 25 miles bike every third day) but it is nothing like these people can do. I am staying near Highway 19 where they do the bike portion and it is unbelievable how these people can ride 120 miles and make it look so easy. Looking forward to watching the race Saturday.. I've never ran in a marathon but I have been thinking of trying one of the 70.3 triathlons.... That should get the pounds off.. there is no scale here but hopefully I knocked a few pounds off on this vacation. I will weigh in next Wednesday when I am home ... If I could only stop drinking that Kona beer....
Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Hey Alan, it is POLE dancing I'm doing for my birthday! :0 But I did just see a court ruling on the news that upheld a worker's comp claim for an "exotic dancer" who was injured while pole dancing. So if I develop any talent, I've got that going for me.....
Sorry Sarah, I guess my imagination just took off at the thought of you pole dancing

I forgot to weigh in yesterday but today (Thursday) I was 172 which is at the top of my target range, and it means it has only been a few weeks to lose the 5lb I put on during my vacation in September. Off to Austin tomorrow afternoon for a weekend partying with DS, DD and DSIL. We had planned to go tubing on the river but a) the river is too deep and fast, and b) DS came cycling with us on Sunday and is now sporting a gashed knee, a broken wrist and a badly sprained wrist.

I duuno, young kids today, just can't keep up with the oldies.

DD has promised to take us to watch the UT ladies volleyball team
Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #471
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Hey Alan, it is POLE dancing I'm doing for my birthday! ..
Hey Sarah consider me- my mother was Polish.

Ha
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #472

That is awesome, HA! Boy, I walked right into that one!

Hey, we went roller skating last night--I'm sure I haven't been since 7th grade but it was actually a pretty cool way to burn 450 calories in an hour.
There is a local rink that has adult skate every Thursday, for $3! Frugal and fun!
They played some 80's music for us oldsters, too! I must say it is a pretty good workout. Only fell once and have a nice bruise and lump on my knee to show for it.

And, for the record:
I DID FIVE "REAL MAN" PUSHUPS YESTERDAY! Whoo hooo! That is the most ever!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #473

Quote:
And, for the record:
I DID FIVE "REAL MAN" PUSHUPS YESTERDAY! Whoo hooo! That is the most ever!
You put some us to shame. These days when I do "real man" push ups my elbow starts to click after only a few so I have to stop. Some years back my knee started clicking while I was ref'ing a soccer game - I couldn't really stop so I ran on it for another 60 mins or so and next day it was all swollen and it turned out to be a torn cartilidge.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:25 AM   #474
Recycles dryer sheets

Ok I am back from vacation ... I had gained 5 pounds during my trip but I have burned it off already.. Still looking to make the next big reduction but it just is not coming...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #475
Moderator Emeritus

I refuse to weigh myself. Mom and Dad would not stop feeding the grandkids and us yesterday while we waited to come back home from the fires, it's all their fault!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
Ok I am back from vacation ... I had gained 5 pounds during my trip but I have burned it off already.. Still looking to make the next big reduction but it just is not coming...
Good work. I'm still trying to lose the last of the 4lbs I put on during my vacation in September. I find that it comes on real easy but is a bugger to get back off
Wild Success!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #477
Recycles dryer sheets

Wild Success!!!

3 weeks in FL providing "home health care assistance" for DM and did not GAIN a single pound!! Not easy, the way M&D eat.

Still 332. Home again. Time to start losing again.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #478
Recycles dryer sheets

I am 56, 6 feet tall, weighing 207. I would like to get back down in the 190's but it is difficult. I can drop a couple of pounds during the week days, and then gain it back with one meal during the weekend. I am Methodist, and they always like to eat.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 AM   #479

212 this morning (a day late!), down from about 223 a month ago, with about 25 more to go. I'm being cognizant of eating just to keep occupied, only eating moderate portions when I'm hungry, drinking a lot of water and walking the dog 30-45 minutes a day about 6 days a week. That's all there is to it.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #480
Recycles dryer sheets

Congrats ziggy ! I am stuck at about 200 and have been for about 3 months. I guess that is better than gaining. Changed my workouts so hopefully I can get past this plateau.