Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Lebert Equalizer or Body Press - upper body strength training
Old 08-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Lebert Equalizer or Body Press - upper body strength training

I am waiting for enough AMZ Prime points so I can get one of those. I am so far leaning on Lebert Equalizer. Here is the link.

Amazon.com: Lebert Equalizer: Power Systems, Inc.

Here is the link for Ultimate Body Press Dip Stand

Amazon.com: Ultimate Body Press Dip Stand: Sports & Outdoors

The price is about the same, but Body Perss looks a little flimsy (it is not foldable but collapsible with some work). Libert looks more sturdy and you can change the angle of the bars, but they look more bulky.

I am female who has tons of adjustable free weights etc, but I thought these bars would be easier to work with than a bunch of free weights (which takes a lot of space too.)

Anyway, anybody own one of these? Any recommendations?

Thanks

tmm
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Wouldn't using a chair or chairs, (depending upon how you position them/yourself), work just as well?

(And you may already have chairs around the house. )

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

These both look quite good to me. The Lebert would take up less storage room in it's fully assembled state; but the Ultimate Body Press Dip stand wouldn't require you to tuck your legs so completely to do dips. Either would allow the excellent back exercise of the inverted row.

I also have something called the Pro Fit Iron Gym Pullup Bar, which cost me $20 at Bed Bath and Beyond and is really good. It mounts securely in a doorway, without any screws, and can be taken down and put up in literally a second.

Amazon.com: Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar: Sports & Outdoors.

I do dips at home with two heavy duty utility 2-step ladders. They work fine, but if I were buying solely for hips and rows I think these two things that you linked are better.

Ha
Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Screw togther some pipe.
pimpmyretirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I used to buy lots of exercise toys, but now I am always looking for the simpler the better. I'd improvise with buckets, yoga bricks, or anything I already had around the house with two of equal height and stability. FWIW...LBYM doncha know.

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
gone traveling

Here is another product that would be very effective and will help your core as well:

Welcome to TRX Training
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Hi everyone for posting for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
Wouldn't using a chair or chairs, (depending upon how you position them/yourself), work just as well?

(And you may already have chairs around the house. )
Nemo,

I actually tried exactly what you were talking about. With two chairs, I used a broom handle as the bar between the chairs, but it didn't work too well because where I could put the bar was either too high or too low. Besides all I have I could use for this was dining rooom chairs and they werer heavy to move around. (hint: that's the whole point! Exercise so I can easily move them!!)

Quote:
Screw togther some pipe.
If I was a handy person with tools and had a lot of time, I could do that. In fact, I see how people built those things on youtube (although the home made ones are bulkier and not pretty to keep inside the house.)

Quote:
Here is another product that would be very effective and will help your core as well:
Thank you DFW for the link. I will keep it in mind. For now, I will stick with something steady that I don't have to rely on me adjusting the amout of weight, since I probably wouldn't even try to pull hard enough if it was upt to me.. (Terrible, I know..)

Quote:
These both look quite good to me. The Lebert would take up less storage room in it's fully assembled state; but the Ultimate Body Press Dip stand wouldn't require you to tuck your legs so completely to do dips. Either would allow the excellent back exercise of the inverted row.
Quote:
I also have something called the Pro Fit Iron Gym Pullup Bar, which cost me $20 at Bed Bath and Beyond and is really good.
Thank you for your review, Ha!

Yah, I am looking for something for my back and my arms to start with. I tripped on the rug in my living room the other day, and my upper body was ready to hit the corner of my couch and I caught myself (sort of) with my arms extended out and my arms just about gave out!! I almost hit my chin on the couch. It was kind of a wake up call!!! With Lebert, I can do push-ups and the inverted row exercise to start with (I have already started push-ups.) I always wanted a way to be able to the inverted rows. (my triceps are like jello, and my free weights are really really boring to do triceps stuff. I could do dips by letting the Lebert lie on the floor, the way the guy on Upper Body Workout Bar in the photo is doing with the bar sitting on the floor.)

BTW, it made me laugh when I saw the workout bar link you posted. Ever since high school, I haven't been able to even do one pull-up (unless of course, I jumped on it.) I hear women have as much strengh on lower body as men, but not upper. And my upper is worse than average.

Maybe some day...
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote