Less unpleasant colonoscopy prep meds available

Glad to hear it was a non-event!

Yup...no polyps or any other issues, so next one will be in ten years. The doctor actually said that I'd probably never have another one because he believes that a blood/stool test will be available within the next ten years.:dance:

The last time I had to do the prep, I used Miralax in Crystal Light. The Miralax is tasteless, pretty cheap (got the generic brand), and did the trick. Yes, it was a lot of liquid, but (as others have said) nothing like the foul-tasting stuff I've had in the past. With a widespread history of colon cancer in my family, I'm resigned to the fact that this is part of life. But I would not be opposed to an easier way...

Mine didn't show any polyps either, but I still have something lumpy behind my belly button...makes me worried about my small intestine but the doctor thinks it is just a small hernia.

I guess at the point that I have small intestine cancer and can feel it, I am screwed anyway, so just hoping it is IBS or a hernia.

I"m up for this a week from today...(can't wait...not!)

I was advised to drink the stuff with a straw but to put the straw way back in your mouth beyond the taste buds...makes it easier with the taste aspect.

Glad to hear everything came out OK. Sorry, couldn't resist. :hide:

Was it Ripuanewone? Or maybe Diarrheatol?

LOL....I just saw this! Hell if I know what it was but it worked and I was happy not to have to drink the other stuff. I'd done it that way previously, so was surprised that this time was only gonna be some pills. I'm pretty sure it wasn't either of the two you mentioned, though! :LOL:

Crap! (sorry) I just realized it won't be much longer before I'll need to do it all over again.....:nonono:

I"m up for this a week from today...(can't wait...not!)

I was advised to drink the stuff with a straw but to put the straw way back in your mouth beyond the taste buds...makes it easier with the taste aspect.

Friends:
Had my procedure this past Thursday. All is well and it was a snap.

HOWEVER!! twelve hours later I was back in the hospital with a gallbladder attack which was removed this Sunday. Just got home yesterday! Arthroscopic procedure...amazingly swift recovery (so far....); still very, very sore (thank God for Percocet) but progressing nicely compared to what folks went through years ago.

Drs said there is no connection between the colonoscopy and my gallbladder attack other than perhaps I overate coming off the two day fast.

Back
Top Bottom