Levulan Kerastick~BLU-U light

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I am scheduled for treatment of Aks (actinic keratoses) in a few weeks. My dermatologist has recommended this treatment for these precancerous growths as I have a recurrence of Aks almost every time I visit the doctor several time per year.

Have any of you folks had this treatment or are any of you medical folks familiar with it?

Levulan Kerastick plus blue light illumination using the BLU-U® blue light photodynamic therapy illuminator is indicated for the treatment of minimally to moderately thick actinic keratoses (Grade 1 or 2) of the face or scalp.

DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. | Products

Yes, I had this about 18 months ago.

One word of caution, make sure you do stay indoors the recommended 24 hours as you are going to be burnt. Any exposure to the sun is going to sting like anything. My skin did come up nice about 5 days after the peeling was done.

Yes, I had this about 18 months ago.

One word of caution, make sure you do stay indoors the recommended 24 hours as you are going to be burnt. Any exposure to the sun is going to sting like anything. My skin did come up nice about 5 days after the peeling was done.

Thanks for the response DM. The literature indicates a 48 hour period, but I get the idea~stay out of the sun! Easier to do in the winter than spring, I suppose.

If you can stay out of the sun for 48 hours I would do it. For me, I got a flat tyre that day so had to stop at the garage to get it pumped up. Even though I had a hat on that shaded my face, I could feel the burn.

The one side effect I did get, was I got really awful acne on day 2 after the procedure. I had to be put on high strength antibiotics to get it under control. My face was awful, all this red sunburn covered in hundred of white zits, not a pretty sight. Plan on staying home for a week or so until you look really beautiful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom