Liberty Health Share

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Forgive me if this has already been discussed but just wondering if anyone has gone with a health share like approach used by Liberty Health Share ? Appreciate all and any comments in advance.

Home - Liberty HealthShare

There was a thread on this type of insurance here in the past year or so.

To find those posts I don't know what terms to search for, but it is usually offered within a cohort group (such a this one via "Christians").

omni

I would also be interested in hearing from someone who has used or researched Liberty or a similar plan. Wonder how they keep cost in check since it sounds like you're on your own and don't have the benefit of an insurance companies negotiated rate. The difference can be substantial from my experience. They are restrictive in who they accept which makes me also wonder if they would drop you like a hot potato if you came down with a serious medical condition.

The article in the link below discusses Liberty and may help answer some questions about it. Not exactly unbiased since the writer John Daly (not the golfer) acknowledges he gets a commission for referring clients to Liberty. If you click on the links in the article it will take you to a segment of a radio interview with Dale Bellis, the executive Director of Liberty Health Share, where he talks about how it works.

Liberty Health Share reduces your medical costs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom