Lovin' my Wii Fit!

shoe

Recycles dryer sheets
Picked up a Wii Fit a couple weeks ago. I've been walking for a half an hour four days a week since April and find walking on ice-covered sidewalks problematic.( The problem is splatting!) After reading numerous positive reviews on Amazon, I bit the bullet. It may not be up to snuff for the master athletes here but I am enjoying it tremendously. There is lots of feedback which I find very motivating and I am exhausted when I'm ready to quit a session. I am doing about an hour a day split into two sessions so much more activity that just walking. Has anyone else tried one?

We managed to find a Wii at MSRP a couple months ago. Still trying that for the Fit, but it's looking pretty fruitless so far. I'm not in the mood to pay $150 to the hoard-and-gouge crowd for it.

Ziggy try Amazon. I got mine right away and for MSRP of $89.

Have you tried the hula hooping yet? That is the only reason I want one, just to check out how it compares to my favorite homemade hoops!
I'm glad you like it!

I love, love, love both my Wii and the Wii Fit! I got the Wii online from Sears for MSPR several months ago, and just by happenstance, got the Fit at Costco for about $75 when I wandered by just as the stockers were bringing in a stack of 'em for the floor!

I just bought Wii's "Dancing with the Stars" for a really cheap price ($9) at my local Circuit City that's closing. I haven't yet been able to do any of the dance routines...mostly because I'm laughing at my lack of coordination! But it's great fun.

And the hula hooping is harder to do than I expected! A pretty rigorous work out.

I'm not a gamer, but this is more fun than I thought it would be.

The hula hooping is the absolute hardest thing for me as well as the in-a-bubble balance game. I love the running. Not in a MILLION years would I ever think I would be doing all the things I am on the Fit. Love the yoga too.

Went out at six in the morning on black Friday to pick one up. They had six left when my turn in line came. Definitely worth it, DW and I are fighting over who's turn it is. I'd advise the starter kit, your bare feet can get the board pretty dirty and it's hard to clean safely. Starter kit includes a cover for the board that you can take off and wash.

I recently went to all the big box electronic stores to get the Wii and they were all sold out.I was walking out of my local grocery store (Loblaws) and happened to notice a stack of Wii's in their small electronic section...
Who knew eh!:D

Ok.......dumb question........can I buy the Wii FIT without buying the Wii? Because, I would do that.......:)

Sure you can. You won't be able to use it, but you can certainly buy it...

Thanks..........I think.......:p Nevermind, I guess I need one of the $250 Wiis to buy all the overpriced accessories.......:D

FD, that is where I stopped in the process. I just couldn't justify the expense to be in front of a tv. I'd rather spend money on the trainer, or classes, or whatever, where I get out and interact with other people instead of just staying in the house.

I thought about getting one for the niece and nephews, but really...do I want to encourage more time in front of the box? I'd rather see them outside, playing soccer, running around the yard, whatever, instead.

I'm delighted for those of you who love them, and even a wee bit jealous. But still too cheap to consider it... ;)

I thought about getting one for the niece and nephews, but really...do I want to encourage more time in front of the box? I'd rather see them outside, playing soccer, running around the yard, whatever, instead.

This time of year, I'd agree -- the weather is cool enough that good, brisk exercise outside works well.

But no one wants to be outside exerting themselves in a Texas summer. And the cost of the Wii Fit (at MSRP, not the price the hoard-and-gougers charge) is about a month and a half of membership at the local gym for the two of us. So when I find one for the retail price, I'll be in. I see most of its use being, as I said, when it's 97 degrees outside. Until then, I just walk the dog for 45-60 minutes a day, usually at least 4-5 days a week.

You are right about the weather, Ziggy! I don't do much outside in the SC Lowcountry summer (hot AND humid). I just fear that the Wii would be like the treadmill and the bike, sitting there reproachfully within view of the couch! Meanwhile, the trainer yells at me if I don't show up 2x a week. :)

I have a gym membership and recently acquired Wii Fit as well. That way, I will have no excuse!!! I haven't yet tried my Wii Fit, and today I will (hopefully) get to the gym after work, so maybe tomorrow will be my first day of Wii Fit.

Wow! I'm glad to hear how all of you enjoy your Wii Fit. DD wanted a Wii for the sports package. (I told her to just go out and play tennis for real, for free. She just looked at me like I was from Mars.) Anyway I got in line at Sam's at 5am Black Friday, while DD & DW slept, to pick one up for Christmas for her. While in line, a very nice lady, who already had a Wii, said she was there to pick up a Fit. "What's that?", said I. Anyway, Before I got out of there, I'd spent over $1000 on two Wii's, one for DD and one for DW ($345 each), a Fit for DW ($75), and a VCR-DVD recorder for DW (OK, so I'm the one who wants it, but she'll think it's for her.;)) I sure hope it's worth it, but you guys are making me feel a lot more at ease now. Thanks!

Tightasadrum glad to hear you were able to score both the Wii and Wii Fit. Wii have had a ball as a family with ours with everyone bowling, playing Guitar Hero and racing others around the world with Mario Kart Wii. This is the most pleasure we have ever gotten for the dollar, hands down.

Tightasadrum glad to hear you were able to score both the Wii and Wii Fit. Wii have had a ball as a family with ours with everyone bowling, playing Guitar Hero and racing others around the world with Mario Kart Wii. This is the most pleasure we have ever gotten for the dollar, hands down.

Don't forget ANIMAL CROSSING!!!! I am having a ball playing it right now, and it would probably be a great family game.

Seeing that the suggested retail is $89 -- when you can find it -- and that most who have it in stock are charging well over $100 (cheapest any seller has it on Amazon is $164 now), yeah, I'd say so.

It might be cheaper after Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom