Lunesta Irony

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW will be taking a trip to Sweden soon, and got a prescription for Lunesta to help with jet lag. But when she went to pick it up, she found that it was $75 for 14 pills, and she said "forget it, too expensive."

That night, she was tossing and turning. I asked her why she couldn't sleep, and she said "I'm ticked off that those pills are so expensive."

We had a good laugh over the irony.

Maybe take some benadryl. $2 for 100 tablets.

Benadryl makes you sleepy, no matter if you want to or not.......:)

Yup, I take a generic Bendryl tablet ($6 for 400 tablets at Costco) almost every night at bedtime and I sleep like a baby. I have mild allergies and started taking them to help control snoring. It drives my wife crazy that I can fall asleep so quickly after my head hits the pillow.

Benadryl works great for sleeping! I have it on hand for allergies, but will take one or two for my occasional sleeplessness. I also get it at Costco.

Benadryl works great for sleeping! I have it on hand for allergies, but will take one or two for my occasional sleeplessness. I also get it at Costco.

Works great on grumpy kids, too.

Our vet suggested having our dog try Benadryl when a thunderstorm may be approaching, since she doesn't tolerate storms well. Didn't seem to help much, though.

Did it help her with the jet lag?

Melatonin really helped me with jet lag . I was able to sleep on the plane and feel refreshed .

Did it help her with the jet lag?

If DW's flight happens to have a stop over in Amsterdam, they have some wonderful, natural treatments there for both jet lag and sleep disorders....:cool:

Lunesta is worth every cent they charge. Every time I try and get a script filled the insurance company refuses it and tries to substitute Ambien because of the price differential. It normally takes an explanation to the pharmacist that Ambien doesn't work for me and a call to the Dr before the insurance company will pay.

For jet lag, I would recommend the following product. I have used it on long haul flights for years and it makes an amazing difference. Melatonin does nothing for me, and actually is a banned substance in some countries because of it's effects.

Jet Lag - what is jet lag, who gets jet lag, reducing jet lag with No-Jet-Lag.

I'm a big fan of Lunesta. I take it on all my overseas flights.

$5 a pill seems a small price to pay to not be groggy her first day of vacation.

Ambien works really well for me. Benadryl makes me sleepy but sleepless...edgy. Doxcylamine is also an over the counter antihistamine that is also used as a sleep aid...about $2 for 30 at Wally World, works pretty well.

I keep Ambien on hand for days that I have been overstressed or my tinnitus is reaaally bad, or for when I am going intercontinental, but usually use just the Doxy or melatonin/Valerian root/glass of milk for the days I need a gentle nudge into sleepiness. Never tried Lunesta, but since Ambien works so well for me I would also be hard-pressed to pay $5 per pill for Lunesta.

R

Back
Top Bottom