marijuana for medicine and recreation

Grizz

Recycles dryer sheets
My brother in law is 31 yrs old and has colitis, a chronic inner ear infection, and occasional migraines. He uses marijuana for both medicine and recreation since he's on a strict no alcohol diet. He has told his doctors about his fairly regular marijuana usage and has had no negative feedback whatsoever from any of them. One even told him that he should continue what works for him but in moderation of course. I'm glad because when he drinks he's an aggresive jerk but when he smokes, he's very laid back and relaxed (eats a lot though).

Marijuana is something that is pretty easy to get here in my area of Canada, and the law enforcement is very lax. If you are caught with it you're more likely to have it confiscated with a verbal warning than face any charges. I have no burning hatred or fear of the stuff, or those who use it. Heck, possession was nearly de-criminalized here a couple of years ago. It would seem that attitudes in general are much different in the states though. What's the big deal about it down there?

I personally think it'd be a lot more cost-effective to legalize marijuana, but I have a hard time getting our little DARE graduate to see the shades of gray around the issue.

Sex, drugs, rock & roll... one subject at a time.

I'd be interested in the latest research on which is worse for your health-- roaches, water pipes, or brownies?

What's the big deal about it down here?

To the majority of the people, it isn't.

The problem is our government is in the hands of corporate lobbyists, and the pharmaceutical cartel would lose a LOT of money if marijuana were legalized.

As to how it became illegal in the first place, that happened in 1937 I believe, and is a long story but suffice it to say it obviously wasn't for very good reasons. (When you compare marijuana to say, alcohol or tobacco, it's pretty plain for anyone to see I think that although it may not be the best choice for every person, it's not something that society really should be criminalizing)

Something is not working. More people in jail, more money spent trying to keep it out.

It seems to me that it is not harmful enough to expend the energy on keeping it illegal.

Plus, the gubmint would tax it. Perhaps the money could be used to help cover/payback SS and Medicare benefits.

I personally think it'd be a lot more cost-effective to legalize marijuana, but I have a hard time getting our little DARE graduate to see the shades of gray around the issue.

Sex, drugs, rock & roll... one subject at a time.

I'd be interested in the latest research on which is worse for your health-- roaches, water pipes, or brownies?

If that is not a lightbulb moment! Nords agrees with Newguy. The trouble is he will never see this post since he still ignores the newguy!

Oh well I am even learning to surf!

img_632407_0_d22b85220a0393cab7ecd858a023ef13.jpg

There are several states (10) in the US that have legalized the medicinal use of marijuana. In spite of that, it is still considered a federal crime.

The problem is our government is in the hands of corporate lobbyists, and the pharmaceutical cartel would lose a LOT of money if marijuana were legalized.
I think that is the crux of the matter.

I consider it mandatory as part of my retirement portfolio.

Peace

Staring at the boob tube, turning on the big knob
Trying to find some life in the wasteland.
Finally found a program, going to deal with mary jane
Ready for trip into hate land.

Obnoxious Joe comes on the screen, along with his guest Self-Righteous Sam
And one more guy who doesn't count, his hair and clothes are too far out.
Pushing back his glasses, Sam is saying casually, "I was elected by the masses"
And with that in mind, he starts to unwind, a vicious attack on the finest of grasses.

Well, it's evil, wicked, mean, and nasty
Don't step on the grass, Sam
And it will ruin our fair country
Don't be such an ass, Sam
It will hook your Sue and Johnny
You're so full of bull, Sam
All will pay that disagree with me
Please give up, you've already lost the fight...

Steppenwolf

Back
Top Bottom