Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Is this better? I'm sure you could have done the same, instead of laughing.
Well raise my rent.

Got fascinated with Geckos after first trip to SE Asia. At that time science didn't have the answer. Now they do, and It's pretty cool how they do it. Will the first people to buy gecko shoes and gloves be automatic cat burglar suspects?

answers.yahoo.com is still among the worst sources of info on the net.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

The ones I like the best are Thai massages, once fell asleep while getting one, but I had a few Singa's first.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni550 View Post
A study was done by a joint US-Canadian team
"Researchers from Ontario and California..." So, that'd be a joint Canadian-US team.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #44
Administrator

I can't believe that thread drift has resulted in you guys discussing geckos climbing up walls! Always entertaining to read the ER Forum, especially later pages of threads to see how they have morphed.

As for massage, I've never had a professional one but have had some extremely enjoyable amateur massages.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #45
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I can't believe that thread drift has resulted in you guys discussing geckos climbing up walls!
Heck, in SEA we would pluck them off the walls, put them on their "backs" in our hand, rub their "tummies" which would put them to sleep.

Tried that with DW when she could not get to sleep - never worked ...

Now back to our program...
Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #46
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
Heck, in SEA we would pluck them off the walls, put them on their "backs" in our hand, rub their "tummies" which would put them to sleep.

Tried that with DW when she could not get to sleep - never worked ...

Now back to our program...
In Hawaii, back in my time, geckos were considered to be a great housewarming present (because they eat insects). As such I have both given and received several. I have mentioned that to mainland friends who freak out at the idea. Not me; I regard them as buddies sharing my home.

Oh, and keep trying that with your DW - - sounds like a great method once perfected.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #47

I knew a guy in the Air Force who had been through survival school. He liked to talk about how they had to eat bugs, snakes, etc. etc. during the course. I went to a local pet store in Phoenix, and bought a green "house gecko". Took it to class the next day, along with my video camera (VHS, this was awhile ago) and he proceeded to stand in front of the class & give a live demo of how to consume a live lizard/gecko. He was really very instructional about the whole thing (he was the class instructor). He put it in his mouth tail first, noting that otherwise, the little feller would bite his tongue (ouchy). Then, and I'm sorry....but he proceeded to crunch rather loudly a couple times, while the little green tail wiggled around outside his mouth, before finally swallowing the Geico gecko's identical cousin in one swift gulp. Yep, got it all on video. I just wish I could find the video...it's been awhile since I've watched it. Now, that's entertainment!

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #48
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

I attended that survival school and promised myself after graduating I'd never eat another bug - or a gecko.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I attended that survival school and promised myself after graduating I'd never eat another bug - or a gecko.

Yeah, but think how much money you'd save on groceries...especially in Texas! I'd bet there are more lizards per square mile in Texas than just about anyplace else.

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #50
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R
I can't believe that thread drift has resulted in you guys discussing geckos climbing up walls! Always entertaining to read the ER Forum, especially later pages of threads to see how they have morphed.

As for massage, I've never had a professional one but have had some extremely enjoyable amateur massages.
Your comment is funny and true. If I had not already been following the posts and went from reading the thread title to page 4, I would be thinking " what the hell does eating a geckko got to do with a message?"
Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Your comment is funny and true. If I had not already been following the posts and went from reading the thread title to page 4, I would be thinking " what the hell does eating a geckko got to do with a message?"
Oh, I thought this thread was about massaging gecko bellies