medical conditions that could put me on another OMY just to keep group insurance?

fh2000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My OMY plan keeps moving. I thought I could quit around January of 2015, but looks like I will have to check again.

My dental implant is in phase II (just put in the implant). Now I will need to wait for 6 months then put on the crown next February.

Last week, I got some pins and needles pain on my left knee. I went to see my primary physician. He said that I have tendonitis and prescribed Naproxen. After two days, I feel much better, but I read that this could take a while to fully recover, if ever.

While at the doctor's office, nurse measured my blood pressure: 106/60. This is the lowest that I ever remembered. Not sure why my blood pressure is lower now. I did not ask but I will ask my doctor when I see him again next month.

I am 58. I am not exactly sure if my body is telling me to keep going with work, or it is time to quit. If I quit, will ACA plan be comparable to my group health plan? That is a question I need to evaluate.

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. The dental will probably be more of an issue than the medical from what I can tell. You can find ACA plans that are comparable to group plans, as well as others with lower premiums and larger deductibles, but with caps on out-of-pocket spend. You might go ahead and start looking at healthcare.gov and/or your state exchange website to get familiar with policies and providers and research things that are important to you, even though open enrollment for January doesn't start for several weeks.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your issues. That would be a tough choice.

About the tendonitis, I've had it for years now in my elbows and forearms, brought on by overuse. Pain killers and stretching help it, and eliminating the overuse (partly work related, partly wood carving). Treat the cause and not just the symptom and you'll be better off. I still have flare ups, and have to be careful to avoid excessive use and repetitive motions. It's not cured, but it's not something you need to postpone your retirement for. :)

I would keep an eye on that blood pressure, you can get machines to check it at home. Low blood pressure can cause dizzyness and fainting, especially when getting up from a seated or lying down position, and especially if you do it too fast. Get up slowly if you've been sitting or laying down for a long time.

I would keep an eye on that blood pressure, you can get machines to check it at home. Low blood pressure can cause dizzyness and fainting, especially when getting up from a seated or lying down position, and especially if you do it too fast. Get up slowly if you've been sitting or laying down for a long time.
The other thing to use a home blood pressure monitor is to take readings and provide a list to your doctor at an exam. More readings over time are better.

Back
Top Bottom