Medical Re-pricing

larry

Recycles dryer sheets
Gindie brought this up under the HIPPA thread but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with one of these plans and more specifically if they are actually a better deal than might be negotiated individually? Google returns nothing more than plans to sell the things.

larry said:
Gindie brought this up under the HIPPA thread but I was wondering if anyone has had experience with one of these plans and more specifically if they are actually a better deal than might be negotiated individually? Google returns nothing more than plans to sell the things.

I have never heard of the concept and would need more details but the idea behind it sounds dicey to me. Even if you succeed in whittling down your fees to levels comparable to what commercial carriers pay the exposure remains way higher than most mere mortals can handle out of savings. The only scenario I can imagine where it makes some vague sense is to discount the patient amount in a high deductible plan.

Let us know if you find something more about this. Sounds odd.

Just found where Sam's club offers program. It appears that these providers contract for reduced fees. My question is if this is legit, are those fees inflated "list" thus giving you a false sense of savings?

Sorry, this is not an insurance plan but appears to be negotiated reductions. Under Sam's Club Health Allies I could not find ANY local providers, although there are some within 100 mile radius. http://sams.healthallies.com/

Back
Top Bottom