Medicare Claim Issue

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am having a Medicare Claim issue. I have a Medicare Supplement G which means that I have to pay the Medicare deductible myself (which was $183 for 2017. Early this year I had several medical bills and paid the Medicare deductible. On October 1 of this year I started drawing against my husbands Social Security and received a new Medicare card with my husband's Social Security number on it (with a "B" at the end.). My previous Medicare card had my Social Security number on it.

After October 1 I had a doctor's appointment and when the doctors bill was submitted to Medicare, Medicare says i have not met my deductible and I have to pay this doctor's bill. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Medicare. My deductible was not suppose to start over when I got a new Medicare number and I should not have to pay this bill. Medicare says it was a "computer glitch" and my old and new numbers failed to link. Medicare says my issue has been sent to Advanced Resolution and I should get a call back in 7 days.

Has anyone had problems like this with Medicare? Should I expect it ever to be resolved?

No experience myself, but I know the wheels of government turn slowly. I suspect your problem will eventually be resolved.

DH had similar problems. Initial Medicare number was his, then mine, then back to his. We had problems with denial of services each time. They were eventually resolved but it took a lot of time on the phone with Medicare, dr. office and Medigap insurer.

Thanks TrvlBug, so far I have not gotten denial of service, just having to satisfy my deductible again. I will keep working on it.

Wonder what is going to happen in the next year or so when we are all suppose to get new Medicare cards with new numbers. Will everyone's deductible start over in the middle of the year. I hope not!

Back
Top Bottom