Medicare Part D company messing with billing perhaps

mf15

Recycles dryer sheets
Boy, I have not even started medicare yet,3 days left.
I signed up for part d through the medicare site,requested premium taken from my SS. This takes one or two months to get set up.
Opened my account on the Humana site yesterday, looked at billing saw the bill but did not understand how it was being paid, called them told them to switch billing to take from SS, which is how it was set up through the medicare site, women mentions something about them not getting money till august ,I said not my problem seems that is the way system works.
So today in the mail I get a coupon book for billing, with a letter saying that CMS says they could not take premium from my SS because there was a problem. No other explanation. Starting to get PO ed.
Ok so I get on line with CMS chat,they say I am set up for direct billing,which is coupons,also say will have to contact drug company to fix, if I need to know more to call medicare, no problems that they know about.
I get on the phone with medicare,ask the lady how do I get this fixed,she immediately lodges a complaint with escalation,I should get a call soon. Anyhow I did not ask for a complaint,let alone with escalation just wanted it to find out what the problem was with my SS paying the premium.

I start to think what the hell is going on here,seems that they may be playing games to get their money early/on time, out right lying, perhaps even double dipping. I can't blame them for wanting to get paid on time,
but what they seem to be doing is a bit shady,the immediate official complaint with escalation I thought was rather interesting.

Old Mike

I start to think what the hell is going on here,seems that they may be playing games to get their money early/on time, out right lying, perhaps even double dipping. I can't blame them for wanting to get paid on time,
but what they seem to be doing is a bit shady,the immediate official complaint with escalation I thought was rather interesting.

Old Mike

Perhaps this is something medicare is seeing a lot of and has decided to deal with it through this escalation process. It just could make for a consistent way to treat potentially shady business dealings. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

Back
Top Bottom