Medicare Premium for married couple

corn18

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This seems like a really dumb question, but when I googled it, I got more cornfused.

When my wife and I are both 65 and on Medicare, do we pay $144.60 a month premium or $144.60 x 2 each month for premium?

I think the answer is we each have our own premium, so I should budget $289.20 / month.

The thread was moved to the Health forum.

This seems like a really dumb question, but when I googled it, I got more cornfused.

When my wife and I are both 65 and on Medicare, do we pay $144.60 a month premium or $144.60 x 2 each month for premium?

I think the answer is we each have our own premium, so I should budget $289.20 / month.
That price is per person, so budget the $289.2. Don’t forget Plan D and MediGap supplemental.

Yes, each person has their own premium to pay, since they each have their own Medicare number (formerly SSAN).

The thread was moved to the Health forum.

That price is per person, so budget the $289.2. Don’t forget Plan D and MediGap supplemental.

Coolio! We will have Tricare for life which I think is a Medicare supplemental of some sort. Will have to research that.

Coolio! We will have Tricare for life which I think is a Medicare supplemental of some sort. Will have to research that.

Yes, TFL will pay whatever Medicare doesn't pay. Just be sure all your providers know that you have both.

Medicare should automatically forward any charges (after they pay their share) to your TFL administrator, and this is nearly always flawless in my experience. So you will get two EOBs, one from Medicare and one from TFL.

My wife has Medicare and Tricare. It is great. She does get some flak as some offices don’t like to deal with this combo.

Both of your Medicare bills will be deducted from each of your monthly SS checks

Don't forget IRMAA if applicable. Our medicare premium keeps going up due to IRMAA but then there are other more worthy things to complain about :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom