Medicare Supplement Plans/Extend Health

My only question would be, how much does she pay per month for the medigap policy (supplement)? No copays? No deductibles?

My mother is 95 and pays $298.62 per month for her Medicare F supplement through AARP. Rates go up at age 75. This covers Medicare A and B deductibles. No copays for traditional Medicare.

My only question would be, how much does she pay per month for the medigap policy (supplement)? No copays? No deductibles?

My Mom pays $179 plus the $115 medicare part B supplement . She also pays $50 to Humana for part D . I tried to get her to look at less expensive policies but she will not budge . She is 95 and would not have aggressive treatment for any illness they discovered . Her Physician hands her a script for a Colonoscopy and she hands it back .:)

AARP my only alternative for a community-rated policy. They write a limited number of plans. To determine what is available in your zip code go to:
https://www.aarpmedicareplans.com/health-plans/medicare-supplement-plans?type=MSP&sourcecode=810107

While I don't have any love for AARP. They do a good medigap policy that is community rated.
As I posted, no info is available online regarding AARP medigap coverage in TX, and I had planned to contact them to check the cost of a community rated plan. Turns out they beat me to the punch.

Today I received an (unsolicited) fat envelope from AARP in the mail, complete with all kinds of information on their medigap coverage in Texas, including detailed premium information, a copy of their policy, and a multi-page application form - for both their insurance and AARP membership.

A footnote on the premium rate page notes that United Healthcare does not offer the high-deductible "F" policy in Texas. That's the coverage I've decided on so AARP is out - not that I'm all that disappointed to know I don't have to hold my nose and join... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom