Men & Women & Stress

Walt34

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Interesting article on John Gray's book Why Mars & Venus Collide: Improving Relationships by Understanding How Men and Women Cope Differently With Stress at Mars and Venus and Stress - US News and World Report
The first book I'd read about the differences in the way male & female perceive the world was You Just Don't Understand by Deborah Tannen. That was a fascinating read and I came away from it thinking "So THAT'S why she does that!"

A while back my wife had to write a review of a movie for a class at school so we both took notes on the movie. Comparing notes later I had to wonder if we'd seen the same movie. A little exercise like that is a good way to keep reminding myself that she sees things entirely differently.

Sometimes I think it's a wonder the species survives.

I'm giving up Venus for Lent.

2Cor521

Interesting article on John Gray's book Why Mars & Venus Collide: Improving Relationships by Understanding How Men and Women Cope Differently With Stress at Mars and Venus and Stress - US News and World Report
The first book I'd read about the differences in the way male & female perceive the world was You Just Don't Understand by Deborah Tannen. That was a fascinating read and I came away from it thinking "So THAT'S why she does that!"​

A while back my wife had to write a review of a movie for a class at school so we both took notes on the movie. Comparing notes later I had to wonder if we'd seen the same movie. A little exercise like that is a good way to keep reminding myself that she sees things entirely differently.​

Sometimes I think it's a wonder the species survives.​

From the article,

The source of depression for women is a lack of nurturing support, and that's what we call friendships. The source of depression for men is a lack of testosterone-stimulating work.

Sounds like we women will be MUCH happier in ER than you guys, since we won't get depressed from the lack of testosterone-stimulating work. :bat:

Sometimes I think it's a wonder the species survives.
It's not as if we guys have the power or the input to make that decision.

Sounds like we women will be MUCH happier in ER than you guys, since we won't get depressed from the lack of testosterone-stimulating work. :bat:
Hunh, work was never the stimulus that generated my testosterone.

I'm sure there's an entire Freudian project around the concept of work-related testosterone. But sometimes a PDA is just a PDA...

From the article,

And stress tends to reduce libido in women more than in men, so perhaps . . . er . . . well . . . maybe I better not go there. :cool:

Before reading John Gray's books, you might want to do a Google search on him.

Before reading John Gray's books, you might want to do a Google search on him.

Ouch that is one of the nastiest Wikipedia entry's I've read..

Credentials
After high school he attended University of St. Thomas (a liberal arts college) and the University of Texas, but did not receive degrees from these institutions. He lived as a Hindu monk for nine years in Switzerland and studied with the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. He received diplomas called BA and MA in "Creative Intelligence" from the Maharishi European Research University. In 1997, he acquired a Ph.D at Columbia Pacific University[1], a non-accredited distance education institution that was forced to close in 2001 when the California Department of Consumer Affairs obtained a court judgment that found that the school "awarded excessive credit... to many students" and "failed to meet various requirements for issuing Ph.D. degrees." [2]
In the suit to close the school, Deputy Attorney General Asher Rubin referred to the school as "a diploma mill which has been preying on California consumers for too many years." The suit also called the school a "phony operation" offering "totally worthless [degrees] . . . to enrich its unprincipled promoters."[3

Ah yes;

Everybody on the planet is either A or B.

All heterosexual women collect dolls and own 100 pair of shoes and seek to marry men who will give them gold and diamonds.

All heterosexual men are crude beasts who like large loud internal combustion engines and only bathe when women tell them to.

No nuances; no bi- homo- or non- sexuals.

Back
Top Bottom