Obama offers universal health care plan

. . .
Besides Obama passes my two fundamental criteria - he's breathing and a Democrat. . .
After 6 and a half years with these bozos, I've lowered my standards. My fundamental criteria -- breathing and not a Republican. I'm even willing to compromise on the breathing part. :D:D:D

Wow, does your insurance help cover the cost of illegally harvesting organs from somewhere if you need one? Because in Florida if you need an organ they DO place you on a waiting list to receive one.

I bet they only place you on the list if you can afford to pay for the operation. That's the way they do it around here.

Mike D.

I bet they only place you on the list if you can afford to pay for the operation. That's the way they do it around here.

Mike D.

In Colorado, if they exclude a pre-existing condition, you just get the standard (not preferred) rate, instead of being uprated. The quoted rates typically are based on best case scenario as it is, so they are not going to discount your rates if they exclude something, instead they are just going to exclude rather than uprate. On the other hand, some carriers will uprate instead of exclude.

After 6 and a half years with these bozos, I've lowered my standards. My fundamental criteria -- breathing and not a Republican. I'm even willing to compromise on the breathing part. :D:D:D
I'm to the point where I want a Republican back in the White House, one with the conservative values that I think of when I think "Republican." George W. Bush, IMHO, no more represents the Republican mainstream than Oprah Winfrey represents it.

I'm to the point where I want a Republican back in the White House, one with the conservative values that I think of when I think "Republican." George W. Bush, IMHO, no more represents the Republican mainstream than Oprah Winfrey represents it.

Name a current GOP candidate that you like.

Also, if you don't like the "borrow and spend" aspects of G.W. Bush, remember that he learned that one from Ronald Reagan.

In Colorado, if they exclude a pre-existing condition, you just get the standard (not preferred) rate, instead of being uprated. The quoted rates typically are based on best case scenario as it is, so they are not going to discount your rates if they exclude something, instead they are just going to exclude rather than uprate. On the other hand, some carriers will uprate instead of exclude.

oops - I put this post in the wrong thread! Sorry about that.

Name a current GOP candidate that you like.

Also, if you don't like the "borrow and spend" aspects of G.W. Bush, remember that he learned that one from Ronald Reagan.
I like SOME things aboutGiuliani but I'm not convinced that he is much of a conservative. I'm trying to get to know more about Mitt Romney because he's said some things that interest me. At this point, I can't stomach John McCain...used to like Ron Paul because I tend to think Libertarian at times but he's sort of gone off the deep end here lately.

Really I'm hoping for a candidate from any party with whom I can feel really comfortable. Lately I've had to settle for the closest thing I could find to my ideal candidate, and that hasn't been very close, so I'm hoping for the best.

We already foot the bill. Poor people DO get health care - just in the most expensive way. And I'd like to think that every American would not have to worry that his/her child might die because they can't afford medical care.

We already foot the bill. Poor people DO get health care - just in the most expensive way. And I'd like to think that every American would not have to worry that his/her child might die because they can't afford medical care.

That was my point. Theres no care for uninsured people until they're very sick or injured, then we all foot the emergency room bills. In between, we pay billions in overhead and bureaucracy.

In the meanwhile, i'm unaware of any country who has implemented universal health care that has seen a huge tax jump, sudden increases in firings/unemployment, or people with needed procedures being made to wait significantly longer periods of time.

All the rest of this is BS, smoke and hoo-hah.

Now dont go and make me put some random food item on some poor animals head...

img_520323_0_e1a0e4c917ce25b1bbe9d63b51f450ab.jpg

Oh dear, thats a sad looking banana...and a very depressed looking dog.

But then, if my beloved owner put an old icky banana on my head and then took a picture and then broadcast it to untold millions...I'd be depressed too. ;)

And oh, what the hell...

If pressed, next comes John Galt with a beard, mustache and horns drawn on his face, and a huge pile of blintzes on his head.

Or maybe SG with a burrito...

Attachments

• CarmenPancake.jpg
    CarmenPancake.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 140
  • CatBacon.jpg
    CatBacon.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 139
SamHouston,
I'm with you on the candidates. Who's the heir to the Goldwater legacy in the GOP? No one in the field now. Still, there are discernable differences, so we may just have to hold our nose and pick the least objectionable.

Health care: Obama's plan apparently keeps the worst aspects of the present system (private insurance costs/inefficiency/paperwork) and adds in the well known nimble, efficient hand of government controls/funding. The best of everything! Hold on to your wallets. I like the part where "the government will monitor insurance companies and limit their profits." Great. Those would be the profits that get distributed to shareholders, so holders of those securities might get hurt. Fortunately, I'm sure the same committee will also step in to pay shareholders their expected dividends if there is a shortfall. Ha.
Lets wait for the details.

Politicans are fameous for making grandious statements..especially when running for office. Show me an actually plan from start to finish...who it will cover, how much coverage, how much it will cost every tax payer etc. That's a plan, not a vision or a wanna have or a dream or a statement to woo the masses. Kind of like a business plan...which our government isn't used to having because it requires thought, planning and a budget!!!!

That was my point. Theres no care for uninsured people until they're very sick or injured, then we all foot the emergency room bills. In between, we pay billions in overhead and bureaucracy.

In the meanwhile, i'm unaware of any country who has implemented universal health care that has seen a huge tax jump, sudden increases in firings/unemployment, or people with needed procedures being made to wait significantly longer periods of time.

All the rest of this is BS, smoke and hoo-hah.

Now dont go and make me put some random food item on some poor animals head...

This article will give you some insight into the longterm unintended consequences of a public sytem of healthcare delivery:

Socialized Medicine: The Canadian Experience

"During the first four years of hospitalization insurance in Quebec, government expenditures on this program doubled."

"As demand rises and expensive technology is introduced, health costs soar. But with taxes already at a breaking point, government has little recourse but to try to hold down costs. In Quebec, hospitals have been facing budget cuts both in operating expenses and in capital expenditures. Hospital equipment is often outdated, and the number of general hospital beds dropped by 21 per cent from 1972 to 1980."

..."the government has put a ceiling on certain categories of income: for instance, any fees earned by a general practitioner in excess of $164,108 (Canadian) a year are reimbursed at a rate of only 25 per cent."

"Surgery candidates face long waiting lists -- it can take six months to have a cataract removed. Heart surgeons report patients dying on their waiting lists. But then, it's free."

"No wonder, then, that medicine in Quebec consumes only 9 per cent of gross domestic product (7 per cent if we consider only public expenditures) compared to some 11 per cent in the United States. This does not indicate that health services are delivered efficiently at low cost. It reflects the fact that prices and remunerations in this industry are arbitrarily fixed, that services are rationed, and that individuals are forbidden to spend their medical-care dollars as they wish."

"Even if access to health services is a desirable objective, it is by no means clear that a socialized system is the answer. Without market rationing, queues form. There are ways to jump the queue, but they are not equally available to everyone." ..."these ways to jump the queue are pretty expensive for the typical lower middle class housewife, not to talk of the poor.

Last edited:
Whatta ya think? We're kidding around here?!?

You asked for it. It gets ugly from here on out. Whoops...already did...

Attachments

• galt5.JPG
    galt5.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 98
Rich -

You know where my priorities are.

i think we all do!

sometimes when i facilitate meetings, i ask people to self-facilitate - ie if you're talking too much, not letting others talk, you take a back seat and see what others have to say. why don't you give that a try for a while? :cool:

in the meantime - cfb are you bored today since i think you know where this conversation goes...:rant::uglystupid::eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom