Obamacare

Status
Not open for further replies.
$92K Gets You a Subsidy? Is that right?

I did the simple math and it looks like if you are making $92,000/year and have a spouse and a couple of kids, you will have your Uncle Sam paying for a chunk of your ACA premium.

$92,000 / 23550= 390% ~ This family of 4 with an income of $92,000 will qualify for ACA government subsidy.

<H2>I read that starting in 2014 tax credits will be available to help make health insurance affordable families with income between 100 and 400 percent of the poverty line. What does this mean?
First of all, the credits will only apply to only to those who are not eligible for other affordable coverage.
The poverty line joins the ranks of poverty level as yet another casual reference to the federal poverty guidelines. To calculate your percentage of poverty, divide your income by the poverty guideline for your household size. Carry the decimal two places in your result; add a percentage sign, and you have your answer. Again, you can click here for the 2013 poverty guidelines.

Income ÷ poverty guideline for household size = percentage of poverty guideline
http://www.healthedeals.com/articles/your-guide-to-the-federal-poverty-level
</H2>

Played golf with a friend today. 42 years old, well educated. He informed me today that a family of four making 80k a year will have to pay taxes on the value of their free health care under Obamacare. Sounds like Uncle Sam has some educatin to do.

I did the simple math and it looks like if you are making $92,000/year and have a spouse and a couple of kids, you will have your Uncle Sam paying for a chunk of your ACA premium.

$92,000 / 23550= 390% ~ This family of 4 with an income of $92,000 will qualify for ACA government subsidy.

http://www.healthedeals.com/articles/your-guide-to-the-federal-poverty-level
</H2>

did any of you ever think we would be using 92,000 per year and poverty level in same sentence.:D

Played golf with a friend today. 42 years old, well educated. He informed me today that a family of four making 80k a year will have to pay taxes on the value of their free health care under Obamacare. Sounds like Uncle Sam has some educatin to do.

i think you misunderstood him. i do not believe that what he was talking about.what he is saying is medical insurance from employer would be taxable at certain levels. i don't know about the numbers but i think that is different than subsidy if you have to buy insurance from the exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom