Oh, sob: possible dental extraction coming!

Well, had the second apio yesterday. The endodontist shot me up pretty well (3 shots) so I had no pain during the procedure--just the relative pain of tasting blood, the whine of the instruments, and the dentist sighing every so often at what he was seeing (the latter the worst sound!). The tooth extends well into my sinus so it was a fairly delicate procedure. He did find and clean out some decay--which is a relief, actually, because at least a possible cause of my on-going tooth pain was found. I'm at least hoping this will be yet another stop-gap before the tooth needs to be pulled but only time will tell. No pain still, and I made it through the night. I was told to alternate advil with tylenol, and am also on antibiotics. I iced the area yesterday but was told I'll probably have a chipmunk cheek tomorrow.

Good. Hope that fixes it for you. Good luck!

I had an extraction about 2 years ago on a first molar. They started me on pain pills before I left the dental office. I don't remember any pain, just some discomfort for the first evening. I later had a bone graft done followed by an implant and then a crown.

The whole process took about 8 months. There was waiting between the steps to allow things to settle down and heal properly.

In total it was about 8 visits, half of which were just check ups after a procedure. I think it cost between 3 and 3k about half of which was paid for by dental insurance.

The final outcome was worth the wait and the money.

Well, had the second apio yesterday. The endodontist shot me up pretty well (3 shots) so I had no pain during the procedure--just the relative pain of tasting blood, the whine of the instruments, and the dentist sighing every so often at what he was seeing (the latter the worst sound!). The tooth extends well into my sinus so it was a fairly delicate procedure. He did find and clean out some decay--which is a relief, actually, because at least a possible cause of my on-going tooth pain was found. I'm at least hoping this will be yet another stop-gap before the tooth needs to be pulled but only time will tell. No pain still, and I made it through the night. I was told to alternate advil with tylenol, and am also on antibiotics. I iced the area yesterday but was told I'll probably have a chipmunk cheek tomorrow.

Sounds like as good an outcome as possible! Glad your tooth did not have to be pulled yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom