OMG - Heart Attack Season

This is also what the cardiac intensive care nurse told me when I had my heart attack in Nov 2004. She thought it was at least in part because people that have symptoms of a heart attack won't act on them at Christmas because they don't want to ruin the holiday for the family.

My thought is that folks shovel snow more often with friends and relatives visiting.

An ER nurse told me it was ham that does it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

So Easter is a close second?:sly:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

True story - my great grandmother died on Christmas. She had a great meal at my Grandmother's house. She went and sat in her favorite rocking chair and fell asleep. My dad and aunt were in the kitchen doing the dishes (as all good children should). About an hour later Great Grandma sputtered a bit and died. They said it was cardiac arrest. My dad and aunt both said she died content and surrounded by family.

Until a month ago I had that rocking chair - I just delivered it to my aunt, at her request. If that chair could talk.

There are worse ways to die.

Especially those early Easters with the heavy wet snow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I think it's well known, at least anecdotally, that the number of deaths is significantly higher than expected around major holidays and birthdays.

Somehow, subconsciously, a person seems to want to make that milestone to the extent that death is held off just long enough.

I've seen it happen several times in my extended family, and I know many others who have said the same thing.

I think it's well known, at least anecdotally, that the number of deaths is significantly higher than expected around major holidays and birthdays.

Somehow, subconsciously, a person seems to want to make that milestone to the extent that death is held off just long enough.

I've seen it happen several times in my extended family, and I know many others who have said the same thing.
Great Uncle died on his birthday, Grandfather on New Year's Day

Both my parents died at Christmas (many years apart).

Maybe it's due to being around family that's the cause.....:peace:

Yes we've had that happen, not holidays but goodbyes. When maternal GM was on her deathbed, my DB was in the Navy on an aircraft carrier (early 60's). While GM loved everyone the same, she always had an extra special relationship with him.

Mom and her sister were with their mother waiting. Somehow the family got hold of someone in the Navy that could make a phone call happen(have no idea how they did this or how long it took). My DB talked to GM, got to say his goodbyes, DM said within a couple hours GM peacefully passed.

I wish I could explain it, but I can't. At the same time I know it's true. I believe there's a Barbara Karnes (former Hospice nurse) utube video that explains the phenomenon more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom