Over 54...why and when we die

I like the calculators that take a bunch of your personal information and medical history and guess at your longevity. Told me 93 but I don't take it literally.

Have to die of something but doing my best to avoid the top 15 causes:

1. Don't smoke, normal weight
2. Don't smoke, plenty of fibre, screening
3. Don't smoke
4. Don't drink
5. Don't smoke
6. Don't smoke
7. Normal weight, exercise
8. Don't smoke
9. Normal weight
10. Optimist
11. Normal weight, don't smoke
12. Don't drink
13. Normal weight, exercise
14. Helmets
15. Don't drink

Last edited:
One can drink without dying, just as one can eat without becoming obese. Moderation.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My problem with it is that with DW choosing the bottles, we'd need to work another couple of years to afford retirement!

Or can make you make your own.:LOL:

One can make excellent home made wines for well under $10.00/bottle, from grapes from anywhere in the world. This morning I ordered from my local produce market, Malbec, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay from Chile for $147.00 That should yield at worst 90 bottles. I am also going to try some South African Sauvignon Blanc, $162.00 yielding 30 bottles.

The taste? I will match my best wines in any blind taste against any $80.00 wine and my average wines against any other average wine.

I haven't hit the 4 bottle/day highmark yet.

I think 85 yrs is the target. Anything above 85 yrs old is either a bonus or a curse.

A bonus if you are super-healthy, and curse if you are suffering from bad health and you can barely breath, walk, go to the toilet or do anything to resemble a life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom