Physicians Group Unveils its Price List...

I presume that my HSA deductible is paid at my insurer's negotiated rates (Aetna). But, if I understand the article, the physician group's price list will only give me a general idea of what it costs, and not the actual cost, unless they post a separate negotiated price list for each insurer, right?

Still, good news all in all.

I am taking the time to find the several closest urgent health care centers along with directions there, etc., at my new location. Something that I have never done before. I will also be negotiating prices with a local dentist at my new location. And I will probably use Walmart to get my annual eye examination (~$56 base cost) required for contacts wearers. I got glasses from them and they did a great job.

Kramer

I presume that my HSA deductible is paid at my insurer's negotiated rates (Aetna). But, if I understand the article, the physician group's price list will only give me a general idea of what it costs, and not the actual cost, unless they post a separate negotiated price list for each insurer, right?

Still, good news all in all.

I am taking the time to find the several closest urgent health care centers along with directions there, etc., at my new location. Something that I have never done before. I will also be negotiating prices with a local dentist at my new location. And I will probably use Walmart to get my annual eye examination (~$56 base cost) required for contacts wearers. I got glasses from them and they did a great job.

Kramer

Kramer - According to the article, it says:

"argolis said the list prices are, in most cases, more than what government programs pay the group and less than or equal to the rates commercial insurers have negotiated. They represent the practice's cost plus a small margin that varies by procedure, he said."

I interpret it similarly as you. Obviously, they couldn't possibly post every negotiated rate, but what they are trying to do is get the listed prices as close as possible as they can to what they typically negotiate with insurance carriers. I think this is a good start. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the practice to become commonplace across the USA. Hopefully, Hillary won't ban HSAs when she gets into office.!

And I will probably use Walmart to get my annual eye examination (~$56 base cost) required for contacts wearers.

I am not a Walmart fan but the nearest optometrist on my vision plan was at a Walmart (these folks are not Walmart employees). Like many of the health care professionals in my area he is retired Navy. I love those folks.

Back
Top Bottom