Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: If you are 65+ and on Medicare, which plan(s) do you use?
Medicare Advantage (i.e. Part C) 8 21.62%
Medicare Part A/B/D + Medigap F 23 62.16%
Medicare Part A/B/D + Medigap F high deductible 6 16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

MBSC that is terrific news - Thanks!
wmc1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmc1000 View Post
MBSC that is terrific news - Thanks!
+1
Old 11-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #43
Full time employment: Posting here.

I start Medicare on Dec. 1st. I signed up for D & F. When DW goes on Medicare in about 15 months she will also sign up for D and F. We consulted with a shiip counselor who advised there is no evidence to assume premiums will increase faster for F plans due to aging of the closed plan. We were told there are previous plans such as E that are closed and rate increases have remained consistent compared to open plans. We were also told that Advantage plans in our area have limited networks that might limit doctor choices compared to F plans. Shiip counseler said the F plans are the most popular in our area by a wide margin.