Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Retirees Only: Excluding breakfast, how many times do you eat out per week average?
0-2 46 59.74%
2-4 13 16.88%
4-6 7 9.09%
6-8 7 9.09%
8-10 1 1.30%
10-12 2 2.60%
13 or more 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
When I am downtown around noon I may eat out, almost always sashimi. For ~$13 including tax and tip I can get enough to take care of hunger for 3 hours or so, and it is really tasty and a pleasant place to sit at the sushi bar and have lunch. If I am down there near the end of the work day I might just head home, or I might call my DIL who works nearby and see if she wants to join me for a snack and glass of wine.

My girlfriend at times meets me downtown for sashimi or oysters, and at times she comes to my place and we go out to a neighborhood restaurant or I cook a meal. Likewise when I go up to her place- she may cook, or we may hit a happy hour at a busy, fun place where we can sit at the bar, interact with other patrons, watch sports, and get a burger or something in a festive atmosphere.

Otherwise I eat almost exclusively at home.

haha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
... LBYM prevails in the poll...
INTJ types might also want to eat alone and to avoid crowds.

"Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man" -- Leo Tolstoy
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Khan
breakfast/lunch/supper total: 2 or 3 times per year
"Knowin' no one nowhere's gonna miss us when we're gone..."
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Rounding it off the answer would be zero. It is a 4 hour round trip to the nearest city. We go in only once every 3 weeks for hardware, visit my parents, groceries and other supplies. Don't have time to stop for a meal. (Sometimes we will grab something at a fast food place.) Have to get back home before the frozen goods start to thaw.
Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
packrat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.
Before ER was 10 - 12 times, now it is 4 - 6 times. Sure saves a lot of money.
Moscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
Too bad you didn't have a 0-2 times per month, that would have been my choice.
veremchuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #27
We eat dinner out, usually, 4-6 times per week, and lunch out a couple times per week also. So 6-8 times total.

And though not included in my vote, I eat breakfast out 7 days per week. Normally take my Mom out for breakfast about twice a week. My neighbor, myself, and another friend go out for breakfast every Wednesday. And I get together with my 'morning gang' the rest of the time for breakfast.

And other than Culver's, we hardly ever eat at fast food joints. At Culver's I almost always have a tossed salad with whatever meal I choose, whether a sandwich or a full 'knife & fork' meal.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...
I voted 0-2 but it varies depending on whether I'm traveling/visitin or in one of my phases of not sweating choresterol. On the road it's 7 days per week.

Where's the one where you put on your male chef's hat and cook/BBQ at home to impress/entertain as it were?

heh heh heh -

unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote