Votes: 35 25.7%
  • 2-3 blades ie, Mach 2, Track 2

Votes: 55 40.4%
  • 1 blade ie, classic double edge

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Mostly electric razor

Votes: 35 25.7%

• Total voters
Yes, the burden is not all on the girls any more. I have had it explained to me that many young men and women expect one another to shave considerably more than was customary "back in the day" :LOL::facepalm::nonono: All of which, one hopes, prompts the development of better shaving technology.

fashions change, along with the prevalence of tattoos and body piercings has come expanded shaving territory.

"Manscaping": why I will never complaining about shaving my legs ever again.

Blade shaving exacerbates ingrown hairs for me.

So, I use electric. My trick? I start with a Braun foil type electric for the first pass, and then follow up with a Norelco rotary.

It is LBYM because I've had them for 10+ years, even though I have two devices. The two different types seem to work against each other and I end up with a convenient, very close shave.

When travelling, I just carry the Norelco.

I use disposable 2 blade razors. Only problem is I probably keep them too long.

Ingrown/infected follicles are really horrible. Interesting that electric shavers are better for you - Mr. A. and I get ingrowns from electric shavers, but not from blades. Do you have a particular way of cleaning/disinfecting the electric shave head?

Amethyst

Blade shaving exacerbates ingrown hairs for me.

So, I use electric. .

I am shocked that so far, nobody has voted for the single blade, double edged. Wouldn't that be a better LBYM choice than the others?
I use a Merkur safety razor and buy 10-packs of blades from CVS. I think the 10-pack of blades is around $6 or $7, and at a rough guess, a blade lasts me about a month, so pretty cheap. The main reason I use the safety razor though, is not so much cost, as the fact that it just seems a more elegant way to do things. I didn't like the though of throwing all those plastic disposable razors in the trash. The old way, in this case, is the greener way.

Razors are cheap enough that we, as a couple, gravitate toward the new and (hopefully) improved. Now, I've read a lot of grousing on Internet shaving sites about the terrible high cost of razors. I'm not buying it (no pun intended).

Men's faces are so small in terms of shaving "real estate," compared with a pair of long female legs that must be shaved every other day to be presentable at the gym...and what with fronts and backs of calves, knees, thighs, and "bikini" area, present so many more opportunities than a face does for cuts and nicks....Amethyst

Which gym do you go to where you have to have all those parts presentable :D

Oh, that it would work the same way for Irish hirsutery. My head hair may be dyed brunette these days, but the leg hair is as dark and thick as ever.

I got fed up a very long time ago with having to tread delicately around the matter of female shaving. Isn't it just like society, to insist that women aren't feminine if our legs are left with their natural hair on, and then try to keep us from talking about it, while men are permitted to discuss their nasty old beards to their heart's content. :LOL:
Amethyst

A true gem of information leaked out right here....
I agree, its funny the different views folks have in different countries on this topic.

Ingrown/infected follicles are really horrible. Interesting that electric shavers are better for you - Mr. A. and I get ingrowns from electric shavers, but not from blades. Do you have a particular way of cleaning/disinfecting the electric shave head?

Amethyst

That's interesting! I guess everyone is different. Electric is better for me, although sometimes a curly hair sneaks back and ingrows. The ingrowns with blades were different, in that a pimple would form. But anyway...

I'm ashamed to say I rarely clean or disinfect the razor. Perhaps every few months. Mostly, just dumping the hair collection every other day.

Gillette Good News disposables

Attachments

• lightbeard.JPG
    lightbeard.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 7
Looks like I may be buying a new electric razor soon. Unless I decide to just stick to my AA battery operated one.

My old trusty one (about 30 years old) bit the dust as I was trying to fix it. That darn thing went without a blade change the entire time and still gave a close shave.

Back
Top Bottom