Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: What type of health insurance are you purchasing using post RE and pre medicare
No insurance 2 2.74%
HDHP with subsidy 10 13.70%
HMO with subsidy 4 5.48%
PPO with subsidy 3 4.11%
silver with subsidy 12 16.44%
gold with subsidy 0 0%
platinum with subsidy 0 0%
Employer plan with subsidy 14 19.18%
HDHP without subsidy 6 8.22%
HMO without subsidy 1 1.37%
PPO without subsidy 5 6.85%
silver without subsidy 2 2.74%
gold without subsidy 2 2.74%
platinum without subsidy 1 1.37%
Employer plan without subsidy 11 15.07%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2015, 05:40 AM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
The first issue I had was pricing a catastrophic plan; doesn't provide it if your age is >= 30.
Originally Posted by MBSC View Post
2016 Cat's for all ages should be uploaded to the exchange by month end. I will post when they are up.
2016 Catastrophic plans for those over age 29 are now on the Off-Exchange Health Plan Finder below. They require a hardship exemption from the exchange.

MBSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2015, 06:08 AM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
When I went on Medicare with a supplement arranged thru my old MegaCorp, it was like getting a $350 monthly raise. We have to purchase Part D (medicines) on the open market, however.

My wife recently had laproscopic gall bladder surgery. Our share of the hospital bill was $800 total.

Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote