Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
These bars are amazingly good. What a nice treat. I really like them a lot. They are very satisfying, too. They are very expensive on Amazon (IMO), so I guess my next step is to look around for a better price on them.
Whew! Glad you liked them. I'd hate to have you stuck with a box of bars you don't like. As for price, I've never had much luck finding them for less than about $2.00 per bar. Amazon is generally 24.99 /dozen, maybe a dollar less on the subscribe and save plan.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready View Post
Whew! Glad you liked them. I'd hate to have you stuck with a box of bars you don't like. As for price, I've never had much luck finding them for less than about $2.00 per bar. Amazon is generally 24.99 /dozen, maybe a dollar less on the subscribe and save plan.
Thanks! I think that is what I paid, so probably I'll just stick with Amazon when I buy them in the future, then.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
I don't know what I was thinking, but I enlarged the picture and then clicked on to the other pictures in the series.
BTW, orange does not work for you.
Other pictures? There's more?

Oh redduck, I did not know you have such an insatiable appetite for self-punishment.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #64

Happily there are two more pictures. If you are interested, you can enlarge the first picture, then to the very right of that photo there will be something that looks like an arrow, click the arrow and with a little luck, you will see a second picture. Then if you so desire, repeat the process and get the third photo. By the third photo, my appetite for self-punishment had been completely quenched.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #65

I eat the quest bars pretty often when traveling and when I'm going to be out and about during lunch time. They fill me up pretty well. We've gotten into the habit of always taking an ice chest with a few bottles of water and maybe a soda for DW whenever we leave the house. We found that we were stopping here or there for fountain drinks all too often...we can afford them if we want them, but why spend extra on drinks when you can bring them along?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Try these from Costco. Similar to Quest, but 1/2 the price. They also come in a 20 box.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sign...=10301&refine=
Old 04-06-2017, 12:14 AM   #67
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Try these from Costco. Similar to Quest, but 1/2 the price. They also come in a 20 box.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Sign...=10301&refine=
That does look like a good price, and the nutritional info looks similar. Thanks! I will think about getting these too, to see if I like them.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote