Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
Speaking of bedroom weight lifting antics, DW is certainly appreciative of my newfound stamina and improved physique.
Az? Is that you?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
Speaking of bedroom weight lifting antics, DW is certainly appreciative of my newfound stamina and improved physique.
Oh ya once you get those weights going. You can do all kinds of good routines.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Az? Is that you?
Nah,, he'd be talking about how other women were looking at him.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #44
gone traveling

HFCS is in almost all breads. It is the second or third ingredient in many loaves of bread these days. We stopped buying any bread with the stuff in it.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Amazing what I have been able to do with my belly by just eliminating daily wrist curls.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #46
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
This is so simple, but here is a real life example: When I was in high school I was a size 10 in women's clothing. When I hit 143-45 I had to go into a 12.
When I was in my mid-50's and lifting weights and walking 3 miles 4-5 times a week, that same size 10 fit perfectly--even wearing a size 8 occasionally--at 165!
I think you'll find you actually need to measure yourself to do comparisons over time 'cos the clothing industry has consistently made clothes larger but kept the numbers the same. They even do it with mens' pants. I thought that I had recovered my youth when I got back in size 34 pants from size 40, then I discovered some old photos of me in my 20's when I used to wear 34 pants and I looked really skinny. I then measured my waist with a tape measure

It is more difficult to know the change in womens' dress sizes but it is fairly dramatic according to DW who now wears dress sizes smaller than she ever has in her entire life.