Short term health insurance

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, I know there were people who had some links.... and I am hoping someone will be able to give some to me...

So my info.... I lost my job about a month ago.... I do not want to go COBRA if I can help it as the cost will be higher than one off the exchange (I think, but will look after the fix).... BUT, I do not want to go without insurance in case something bad happens.. (also, would like to skip COBRA if I can)....

Where can I buy a short term policy for a month or so until the exchange plans take effect:confused: Links would be greatly appreciated.

When is the last day to sign up for COBRA? It pays retroactively, so you may not need any insurance.

You can wait to see if you even need it and if your costs are more than the cost of the COBRA coverage then file for it. If you incur no costs then you're good.

When is the last day to sign up for COBRA? It pays retroactively, so you may not need any insurance.
He said he lost it about a month ago, meaning his COBRA window closes some time in the middle of December. So realistically he probably needs something to cover only 12/1/2013 - 12/31/2013.

IF the COBRA window closed after 1/1/2014, then you could do nothing and retroactively take COBRA if something happens before 1/1/2014. But that's not an option in this case.

You can wait to see if you even need it and if your costs are more than the cost of the COBRA coverage then file for it. If you incur no costs then you're good.

Cobra enrollment option is until Dec 21... I do not want to pay for it if I do not have to... But that leaves a couple of weeks until I can get on an exchange plan....

I was in ehealth, but did not see the short term option... and they kept putting me in where I had been before....

Thanks for both links.... looks like I might be able to cover the few weeks with a small cost...

Back
Top Bottom