Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #161
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Head over to Puffitup. They sell most brands and many folks rave about their service. I have not personally used them.

Need to decide on price, and style. Desktop or portable. Electric or butane heated.

Electric are very nice typically more expensive. Butane is easy and cheap. I use a portable electric mighty, about $350. A nice butane dynavap can be under $100. Both work great, it's about your usage.
Gotta agree here. Puff it up is a great online store to shop for a vaporizer. Look for sales. I bought a mighty last nov on black Friday for $279. They generally have sales at the major holidays and of course on April 20......4/20 "puffedup" is their discount code for everyday.

The mighty is a good choice, and a high quality piece. For me it's a bit much by myself. I use mine mostly with my wife in the evenings.

For a single user a good option is a fury 2. It isn't much bigger than a lighter. And like the mighty you can get and use capsules. The capsules are very convenient (you can pre-load them) plus they keep your vape much cleaner. Since its smaller you get less battery life than a mighty.

Another good micro dose option is a dynavap. A full load in the one i use holds .05 grams of herb, but there are two smaller load options. So a gram of herb will last a long time. It does however have a learning curve. It requires an outside heat source, so most use a butane handheld torch (like a cigar lighter). Theres a technique to it that takes practice. Mistakes (combustion) taste terrible. Or there are battery operated induction heaters that work very well, although it makes the little vape less stealthy and portable.

All three that I mentioned are portables. The mighty and the fury two are battery operated. But there are a lot of desktop vapes as well. And puff it up has a good selection and decent prices.

And if you go with a vaporizer, most have water options. That means you can use a water pipe to cool the vapor. But of course water pipes make it less portable, but vapes paired with a good glass pipe take things up a notch. Pipes are like cars. You can get a serviceable cheapo,(generally Chinese knock offs) or a luxury model. Sky's the limit on price.

Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2019, 04:58 PM   #162
Dryer sheet aficionado

Thanks, all, for the Puffitup suggestion. I just ordered a dosing capsule filling set for my Storz & Bickel Mighty. The filling kit is admittedly for us OCD types....but cool nonetheless.

Singletrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #163
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Thanks, all, for the Puffitup suggestion. I just ordered a dosing capsule filling set for my Storz & Bickel Mighty. The filling kit is admittedly for us OCD types....but cool nonetheless.
Let me know how you like it. Thanks in advance.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:55 PM   #164
Recycles dryer sheets

In case anyone is interested there are a lot of "other" herbs you can vaporize for health benefits, including sleep.

https://news.weedmaps.com/2017/06/va...than-cannabis/
Old 01-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #165
Give me a forum ...

I take a little antihistamine from Winco. Alcohol is a negative. I have read that MJ can produce sleep problems. Between naps and night, sleeping 10 hrs per deum now.

'Night! ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Old 01-14-2019, 09:00 PM   #166
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
In case anyone is interested there are a lot of "other" herbs you can vaporize for health benefits, including sleep.

https://news.weedmaps.com/2017/06/va...than-cannabis/

Are any of the non thc or cbd containing herbs good for sleep? Or is it just the thc or the cbd that really helps you sleep?
michelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #167
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelek View Post
Are any of the non thc or cbd containing herbs good for sleep? Or is it just the thc or the cbd that really helps you sleep?
The link I posted has a good number of herbs you can vape and their properties. To answer your question, yes, some are said to promote sleep. And depending on where you live, legally safer than thc.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #168
Recycles dryer sheets

I take 2 benadryl and vape a bowl every night about 30 minutes before going to bed every night and have since I retired 15 years ago. I sleep like a baby. Before retiring I usually had a several Jack Daniels every night after getting home. Didn't sleep well at all. I hadn't smoked since my college days but started again after leaving work, stopped the alcohol and my life has vastly improved. Of course being retired did remove most of my stress but the weed really makes me much more mellow!!
Beststash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #169
Give me a forum ...

Some help... "Alexa play Sleep sounds Beautiful Dreams". My favorite.