Study: Alcohol can be a partial substitute for exercise

I found that article to be the most uplifting reading I have done in weeks! :D

Dr. Gronbaek for President!
I always knew I was doing the right thing. Vindication AT LAST. :smitten:
see honey, ... I was just following Drs. orders ....
I LOVE THIS GUY! ... gotta go and ... uh exercise ...

What a fabulous article, newguy has always been on the cutting edge of alcoholism especially after one of my 15 mile runs, those 15 beers allowed by my 1 beer per mile program well is now what VINDICATED??

HAHA!

YES, YES, YES. Good to know I was ahead of the curve. Years ago I became friends with a doctor who smoked, drank and played poker and golf. I immediately began using him as my physician.

Plus don't forget the benefits of the wrist curl itself. Great way to build up your fishing, tennis or golf muscles. :)

Ya know, if you pick the right studies to review, and the right outcomes to compare, the benefits of mild alcohol and regular exercise are probably comparable.

What we don't know is how doing both compares to doing one or the other. If the results show the former, it could start a whole new industry of energy/exercise drinks: think Cabernet Koolaid, Zinfandel Zapper, Merlot Madness, Pinot Popper.

I don't have a drink daily, and up until now the articles I have read regarding the benefits of regular alcohol consumption always suggested the benefits alone were not enough reason to start. But the article I read regarding this research seemed to actually suggest that if you're 50 or so, you should take up the habit. Is anyone else considering taking up regular drinking because of this?

Coach

I don't have a drink daily, and up until now the articles I have read regarding the benefits of regular alcohol consumption always suggested the benefits alone were not enough reason to start. But the article I read regarding this research seemed to actually suggest that if you're 50 or so, you should take up the habit. Is anyone else considering taking up regular drinking because of this?

Coach
Yep ME! I just started 40 years early that's all.

Is anyone else considering taking up regular drinking because of this?
Coach

Hell, I've been practicing for years! I had to print out that article to show DW. I better go get some "exercise" now....

I've always had a couple of dark beers a day. (Usually Waterloo Dark here in S. Ontario).

I take 1 or 2 days off in a week usually on the weekend. About a dozen a week.

And I never have more than 2 at one time. Unless I'm at a party!:D

I've always had a couple of dark beers a day. (Usually Waterloo Dark here in S. Ontario).

I take 1 or 2 days off in a week usually on the weekend. About a dozen a week.

And I never have more than 2 at one time. Unless I'm at a party!:D

Be careful. Someone here keeps count of member alcohol consumption, even members who are no longer with us.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom