Supplemental HC Costs

ivanl3

Recycles dryer sheets
Once we (wife and me) become Medicare Eligible, what kinds of costs should we be planning for related to supplemental insurance?

I know we will need Medicare Parts B & D, but what else will we need and what are those costs today?

Thanks.

You also need Medigap supplemental coverage, along with the deductibles and co-pays for Medicare B, D and Medigap. The deductible for B is $184, the deductible and copay for Plan D can be considerable, depending on your prescriptions.

Check your state web site. A number of states have websites with pricing and availability for MediGap plans, and aslo Medicare Advantage.

Last edited:
From your first post in another thread that got closed , you said "Only place to buy Healthcare is through company Retiree plan: $20K/year". I would say your costs wont go over that number.

Make sure you understand IRMAA and whether you'll fall into that situation.

From your first post in another thread that got closed , you said "Only place to buy Healthcare is through company Retiree plan: $20K/year". I would say your costs wont go over that number.

That is until we hit 65.

And remember that Medicare does not cover dental, vision or hearing care although some Medicare Advantage plans might. Way too many variables to give prices, but check for recent threads on dental insurance. I highly recommend Costco for glasses and hearing aids, as do many here.

Back
Top Bottom