Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Hair removal (laser)

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Facial peel / laser treatment

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
Would never have cosmetic surgery. It's just not in me. I don't even want pierced ears.

If I had the money, I would definitely consider some lazer work on my face. Maybe a photo facial and some other minor things like filling in some lines and maybe some botox. Maybe a thread lift instead of a full on face lift. The reason: I'm 56 and was always pretty and lately--last year--I am looking much older and tired. I don't feel like I look like me. If that makes any sense.

Zoey, you have framed how I feel perfectly. Whilst I was never a candidate for the Miss World title, I was attractive enough that I never suffered from not being able to get a date etc. However, now that I am a middle aged woman, I have been come invisible. I don't want the old me back (wouldn't mind that 18 yo body back though), I think women of a certain age that try and make out they are still 21 look a bit sad. I just want to be a bit fresher than I now appear to be.

Y'know, i was thinking of getting some implants.....NAH!

Attachments

• shudder.jpg
    shudder.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm not yet 50 but I am considering a few on the list.... I have decided if it came to needing lipo, I would rather pay for a stay at the fat farm until it went away.

Hi DangerMouse,

Lipo is a very poor way to lose weight as you noted above. It can be very good, however, for removing localized pads of fat that diet and exercise don't fix. I lost so much wieght I had my ribs sticking out, yet was still afflicted with huge saddlebags on the thighs. I had thought lipo was for vain women so I didnt' consider it for many years. I finally had it done a couple years back. Wow what a difference. I weigh almost the same amount --like I said, it isn't for weight loss. But I went from being a size 14 to being a size 8 and I finally look proportionate. Sure glad I had it done because I now look as fit as I feel and that motivates me to take pride in my appearance AND my health & fitness. I don't talk about the lipo very much because people think poorly of it, but for those of us with impossible-to-lose fat in a specific area, it can have amazing results.

Cheers,
--Linney

Linney

At least you did it the right way - tried to lose the weight first, then the lipo. I don't understand those who see it as the only solution, because if you don't change the behaviour first, it will most likely come back.

I can understand your reticence to discuss the lipo, as it seems as if anyone admits to any plastic surgery it is deemed as being vain.

Lipo is a very poor way to lose weight as you noted above. It can be very good, however, for removing localized pads of fat that diet and exercise don't fix.

warning: do not put the weight back on now that you've removed those fat cells where the weight would naturally go.

i've seen this on guys in the locker room at the gym. they have their love handles lipo'd only to gain weight which pops out in the oddest places. i saw one guy with love handles that developed about a hand or two above where they should have been. seriously freaky.

also, i don't know why they are called love handles. no one really loves them.

Y'know, i was thinking of getting some implants.....NAH!

that's one of the more extreme versions i've seen. i've neither piercings nor inkings. my partner had a tattoo of a snake-wrapped dagger stabbed through a rose which actually looked really hot on that muscular arm of his. anymore than one well placed inkblot tends to distract me a bit.

i was at a restaurant a few months back and from where i was sitting at the table, i could actually read part of the wall-posted menu behind the serving area through the giant ring in the earlobe of the guy working the counter. yet what distracted me the most was the magnum-gage ring hung from his nose. what's that, a towel rack?

he was a nice guy. polite, clean, made me a good sandwich that i ordered with swiss cheese. he failed to see the humor.

i've wondered on occassion what goes through the mind of an extreme piercer. is it mutilation driven by self-hatred? is it self-expression? is it a confirmation that this is my life, my body? whatever it is, in the case of the picture you posted, it seems just an obsession.

I wouldn't do any of it.....maybe some tattoo removal.......

I wouldn't do any of it.....maybe some tattoo removal.......

I predict tattoo removal might be a big thing in the future, as Generation X sags and wrinkles.

Don't think so. However, my eyelids are sagging low and if they eventually block my vision I may have surgery. On the other hand, being frugal, I may look into some piercing and use a pair of metal rings to hold up my eyelids.

warning: do not put the weight back on now that you've removed those fat cells where the weight would naturally go.

i've seen this on guys in the locker room at the gym. they have their love handles lipo'd only to gain weight which pops out in the oddest places.
You are quite right about that. Had the lipo done 4-5 years ago and held my weight steady until last winter, when work got real stressy and I put on 6 pounds. Even with that small a gain I could observe that the weight comes back in different places than before. I don't want to even imagine what it would look like if I gained 20+ pounds.

Anyway, I got back on the bandwagon, dropped the 6 pounds, lookin' good again.

Lipo is definitely not a quick or easy fix. I've seen TV programs where a mother and daughter go in together for lipo to help lose some weight. What are they thinking! <slaps forehead> Wait until they put that weight back on, oh boy!

--Linney

You are quite right about that. Had the lipo done 4-5 years ago and held my weight steady until last winter, when work got real stressy and I put on 6 pounds. Even with that small a gain I could observe that the weight comes back in different places than before. I don't want to even imagine what it would look like if I gained 20+ pounds.

Oh my God, not the forehead! ^-^

Re:saddlebags- years ago I was prejudiced against saddlebags. Now I would like to get friendly with a couple of nice big ones. They do say-"Life is change."

Ha

Back
Top Bottom