Swine Flu Health Emergency - Will it affect your behavior?

Will the Swine Flu Health Emergency Affect Your Behavior?

• Yes

Votes: 36 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Option 3 for those who want it.

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
Interesting...this was never offered to us. There were Flu Clinics set up by an independent health company in close proximity to but not inside the buildings. We were given a little time mid-morning or mid-day to go get them. The payment had to be done via our FEHB health plan choice.

That is because I work for a COOL agency!! :D :hide:

At back to school nite we got a flier that gave a list of precautions to take. One of them included keeping your kid home from school for 5 days if someone in your house has flu symptoms! I can't imagine the amount of school time that could be potentially lost by this, combined with any school-wide closings...should be an interesting year!

Last year had a kid who just got back from Mexico, fell ill and scared the whole school (he was tested and it wasn't H1N1).

I am afraid of it all. My DD is 3.5 and was diagnosed with autism about 1 year ago. I don't really buy in to the whole vaccines cause autism theory, but I worry.

If I skip the flu shots and she gets sick and dies, I'll never forgive myself. If I get it done and it causes regression or further autistic symptoms, I'll never forgive myself.

She has had the seasonal flu shot before. She was autistic since birth, and even before we think. So it wasn't a case of regression that some people see in their kids.

to make matters worse, DD goes to 2 seperate schools (1 daycare 2 days a week, and 1 public school 3 days a week). So, plenty of germs to go around.

Dex started this thread and he hasn't been around in about a month. I hope he's ok.

Back
Top Bottom