Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Stress can do things to you--and you can be so completely unaware you are under stress--that it's shocking. For example, a couple weeks ago or so I was going to have a colonoscopy. Every time I was telling someone I was going to have it I would not be able to pronounce the word on the first few tries (colon-os-copy). Trust me, I'm pretty articulate, so I thought that was weird that I kept stumbling over such a simple word...but didn't dwell on it.
So, I have the colonoscopy, the Dr. said "looking good" to me afterward...and viola! I can say colonoscopy without stumbling immediately. Naturally, the light bulb went off as to why I kept stumbling over the word before, but, if you had asked me if I was nervous about going to have the colonoscopy I would have said "no."
Of course, I realize now it was unconscious stress on me cause my Grandma died of colon Cancer, and I lived with her for awhile during the end and have always been afraid of getting it.
Unconscious stress can really do you in without your even being aware of it. Hence, the tooth clenching. Just my theory, anyway.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
He suggested I drink a little wine before I go to bed and see if that helped.
I don't think wine has worked in the past but I'm going to keep trying!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Same here.

Some of my molars have been ground down flat and their enamel layers so thin that the teeth became sensitive to hot and cold. Result: I have caps on a few, and now wear a night guard.
A small area of metal shows on one of my ceramic molar crowns where I have ground off the top layer of ceramic. Two of my molars one side (top & bottom) are extremely sensitive to cold and it really affects my quality of life. One has a crown and has had a root canal. How can the stupid thing still be sensitive to cold?
Old 12-27-2009, 11:36 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
A small area of metal shows on one of my ceramic molar crowns where I have ground off the top layer of ceramic. Two of my molars one side (top & bottom) are extremely sensitive to cold and it really affects my quality of life. One has a crown and has had a root canal. How can the stupid thing still be sensitive to cold?
I am not a medical professional, so I'm speaking purely from my uneducated experience.
I've had sensitive teethy my entire life, and now that I'm long in the tooth, some of the root is exposed and that is sensitive for many people. Have you tried toothpaste for sensitive teeth? If one brand doesn't work, try another. I know it looks like they all have the same active ingredient, but my hygienist insisted I keep trying. I finally found Crest Pro Health worked for me, but YMMV. Before I found this brand, I had to learn to not smile when I skiied because the cold air hurt too much.
Your pain in the root canalled tooth may be referred pain from another tooth.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofrugalformycat View Post
I am not a medical professional, so I'm speaking purely from my uneducated experience.
I've had sensitive teethy my entire life, and now that I'm long in the tooth, some of the root is exposed and that is sensitive for many people. Have you tried toothpaste for sensitive teeth? If one brand doesn't work, try another. I know it looks like they all have the same active ingredient, but my hygienist insisted I keep trying. I finally found Crest Pro Health worked for me, but YMMV. Before I found this brand, I had to learn to not smile when I skiied because the cold air hurt too much.
Your pain in the root canalled tooth may be referred pain from another tooth.
ProHealth worked for awhile but it doesn't seem to be helping much anymore. I guess I'm going to have to try another one. I've heard flouride rinses help but I haven't tried it.