Join Early Retirement Today

TKR second time around... (More on the knee)
Old 05-27-2017, 07:10 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

TKR second time around... (More on the knee)

I'm about a week away from my second TKR - we've been scrambling around getting stuff done before extended couch and easy chair time.
Replaced 2 faucets in the kids bathroom, replaced some disintegrated trim wood (it was some kind of flimsy pressed material) with some real wood- she put two coats of paint on it. Changed the serpentine belt and put two new blades on Mr. John Deere. I had never removed the mower unit the first time is an adventure...

This knee is different then the first which ached all the time. This one comes in spells - so when it's not hurting I start to question do I really need it..bam them it starts throbbing when I'm just sitting in my easy chair ... go figure? I've told them I want to return part time.. three days a week so I'll keep my insurance but I know it will be for short term. My heart isn't in it anymore...
rayinpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2017, 09:02 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Take the time you need to heal, perhaps being off work will give you a bit of rest and separation before going back. I continued work for the insurance benefit, too. It was sometimes a real drag, but now looking back, it was very much worth it. Hang in there!
Best wishes for recovery.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #3

I've been wondering about you, best wishes for recovery. I do miss your posts. Glad to hear from you.
Fedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

If this is your second TKR you already know to DO YOUR REHAB THERAPY religiously. DW had double knee replacement and she was a trooper. Her therapists always complemented her on her devotion to the somewhat painful rehab process. She got back WAY more than typical range of motion. Best luck and keep us informed, please.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #5

You bought some more Timken?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

I know a number of people who to the TKR in their 50's and are now looking at another one in the next 5 years of so. Hopefully, the technology will improve and give them good results.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote