Join Early Retirement Today

"Toning Shoes" Lawsuit
Old 05-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

"Toning Shoes" Lawsuit

Ha! I hate when manufacturers make implausible claims that have no scientific validity. I thought the claims about what the toning shoes would do were ridiculous. Looks like the courts agree and Skechers has to pay customers back...

Skechers Toning Shoe Customers to Get Refund - NYTimes.com

So many people at my gym (even the personal trainers) bought into the silly claims of what these shoes could do.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

This should have been our first clue:

Quote:
Want to be in shape like Kim Kardashian? The answer to that is probably the Shape Up Skechers footwear that the reality TV star and her Mom Kris Jenner are endorsing. Skechers Shape-ups is the new line of toning footwear from the brand. Kim and her Mom are the lucky ones to be chosen to head the campaign that will be launched in 2011.http://www.waleg.com/style/archives/021481.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kim-skechers.jpg (28.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 05-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Anyone remember the "Earth Shoes" fiasco of the early 70s. They made lots of ridiculous promises for those but no one sued as far as I know. The company just went away.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Dryer sheet aficionado

Like any other miracle diet or "lose weight fast" program. It's amazing, we get so infatuated by easy little tricks, but getting into shape actually takes a little hard work. Who would have thought?
I'm still trying to figure out what Kim Kardashian has done to benefit society!
SRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRyan View Post
Like any other miracle diet or "lose weight fast" program. It's amazing, we get so infatuated by easy little tricks, but getting into shape actually takes a little hard work. Who would have thought?
I'm still trying to figure out what Kim Kardashian has done to benefit society!
I enjoyed watching her skechers ad, CNN ran a piece about the lawsuit.

The woman has curves in all the right places.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I enjoyed watching her skechers ad, CNN ran a piece about the lawsuit.

The woman has curves in all the right places.
I think that answers the poster who wondered what she has ever done for mankind.

Ha
Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

I didn't know anything about these shoes but bought a pair last summer seeing them in the store. I walked around a bit in them, they seemed comfortable so I bought them. After I got home I researched them a bit more and quickly decided that the claims were a bunch of bunk and returned them.
Katsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeow View Post
I didn't know anything about these shoes but bought a pair last summer seeing them in the store. I walked around a bit in them, they seemed comfortable so I bought them. After I got home I researched them a bit more and quickly decided that the claims were a bunch of bunk and returned them.

I also bought a pair a few months ago without knowing anything about them. For the $22 I paid at Ross I will keep them.