Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Toxic Cleansing for the body??
Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50
Well, w/o some research or study, how can you be in a position to say 'it can't hurt'? I don't follow the logic of this at all. I think people want to believe that some of these 'quick fixes' can help, and choose to ignore that they have no data to support it.
Our bodies are not a car engine. We have active maintenance systems. Does a 'cleansing' remove anything that isn't removed over the normal course of events? And if so, is there any evidence that any of that 'build up' is bad? And why not flush our eye sockets, or change our bone marrow, or replace our blood and lymphatic fluid three or four times a year? Ewww, old blood!!
Hey, if it worked for Keith Richards...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa
These things always work out in the end.
Badump BUMP...

I'd suggest a triple dose of chicken wings doused with pure franks hot sauce. Everything will be cleared and completely cauterized within 24 hours. Everything. Any foreign substances remaining in your digestive tract will be very, very sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
Hey, if it worked for Keith Richards...
I've already expressed my theory on KR... http://early-retirement.org/forums/i...4559#msg104559

Appropriately in a thread regarding last years superbowl where the seahawks saw "winning" and confused it with "whining". Which the colts will be doing a lot of by tomorrow morning.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
I'd suggest a triple dose of chicken wings doused with pure franks hot sauce. Everything will be cleared and completely cauterized within 24 hours.
Is that by enema?

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #44
Give me a forum ...

It really doesnt matter. Just the direction I suppose.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa
No problem. These things always work out in the end.
Unless they don't.

After reading this thread I'm inclined toward the really old Catholic remedy. You know before fish was substituted on Friday it used to be a fasting day. I think it was used both for religious purposes and also as a curative/preventative or method to modestly clean out the system on a regular basis. It seems to me : that we've forgotten a lot of the old tales that may have worked far better than pills--just maybe not as quickly.

Which reminds me . My father's grandmother lived next door to him when he was young. He told me that frequently when he or his siblings got ill grandma would come over with mineral or castor oil as her treatment of choice for just about any sickness found. Needless to say he never recommended/volunteered this information to anyone he liked or wanted to help.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:14 AM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum
i think so, but even before life got so depressingly odd and i was being extremely healthy i used to do a juice-fast a few times a year. just vegetable & fruit juices for 3 days at a stretch. i don't know if it had actual effect but at least i felt like i was doing something healthy for myself. i thought of it like changing the routine of a workout to get more benefit.
I just heard about a study about women who worked in a job where they were busy and on their feet all day. One group of the women were told that because of the nature of their job, they were getting plenty of good healthy exercise. The control group was told nothing. The experimental group after a period of time had lower blood pressure and had lost weight.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Can we start a rumor that spending time on early retirement boards provides plenty of good healthy exercise?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Wow...hold on while I tell my wife I dont need to go on our morning walk before the guests arrive...I just need to put up 10 more posts!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #49
Full time employment: Posting here.

I had to delay starting my Fat Flush (cleanse) due to travel, so I started it on Monday, 2/5 instead. So far, so good. I've lost 4 lbs. and my jeans fit again. I need to lose about 15 pounds, but my reason for the cleanse is to wean myself off sugar. I'm a total addict and have constant cravings. It seems to be working - after the first 2 days I haven't thought about sweets....just getting use to being hungry all the time. I'm supposed to follow the regimen for 2 weeks, but it is so strict that I'm just taking it a day at a time.