TRICARE Prime billing statement: "PAST DUE!!"

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
For you veteran retirees paying TRICARE Prime's premiums out of your checking account or credit card, they misfired. They'll probably put out a press release in a day or two.

I got a scary official letter declaring my delinquency. It said that as of 6 Oct my account had a past-due balance for the remainder of October. A couple lines later the "fee transaction history" indicated that my payment for the remainder of October had been deducted from my checking account by EFT... on 2 Oct. Of course the statement also helpfully includes a handy postage-paid envelope and a payment form that you won't need to use-- our tax dollars at work.

I called the toll-free number and was put right through so that they could [-]get the abuse over with[/-] promptly respond to my customer concerns. They said a computer initiated the entire mailing, untouched by human hands and not noticed until the calls started rolling in.

This apparently happens at the beginning of every fiscal year.

Must be a regional problem. As you know, Tricare is managed by different regional contractors. I'm in Tricare North, managed by Health Net, so I called them and they verified that I'm paid up. They were also pretty nice about it, I was pleasantly surprised. The North region changed contractors a few years ago, so maybe it's time for wherever region Hawaii falls into to scrub their contract.

Back
Top Bottom