Join Early Retirement Today

TRICARE RX MOAA Survey results
Old 02-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

TRICARE RX MOAA Survey results

As a TRICARE beneficiary who has had extensive RX experience, I am very satisfied with the pharmacy utilization that I have had. I am able to to fill all of my 8 RX for no cost and only have to travel about 5 minutes to pick them up. LBYM? You betcha!

What follows is from an MOAA email.

Quote:
The Defense Department could only wish that those who responded to last week's MOAA pharmacy survey represented a cross-section of all military beneficiaries.
Maybe it's the demographics of MOAA legislative update subscribers, maybe it was the way we worded the survey invitation, or maybe our subscribers just like saving money, but our survey respondents showed a far higher utilization of TRICARE’s home-delivery (mail-order) pharmacy program than the beneficiary population as a whole.
Of the approximately 7,700 who took the survey, 64% had tried the home-delivery system, and 45% said they use it as their primary source of maintenance medications.
Of those who tried it, 18% reported being "mostly satisfied" and a whopping 69% "very satisfied" with the program.
91% said they liked the convenience of having medications delivered to their home, 78% cited the ease of managing prescriptions by web or phone, and 73% liked the 67% copay savings compared to retail pharmacy use.
Asked what the home-delivery users disliked about the program, 68% said "Nothing; I've been very happy with it." The most frequent specific problem cited (by only 9%) was "difficulty with telephone/computer support."
The most frequent reason cited by those who hadn't yet tried the home-delivery system was preference for the flexibility of the local military/retail/VA pharmacy.
View full survey results.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
As a TRICARE beneficiary who has had extensive RX experience, I am very satisfied with the pharmacy utilization that I have had. I am able to to fill all of my 8 RX for no cost and only have to travel about 5 minutes to pick them up. LBYM? You betcha!

What follows is from an MOAA email.
I received the same MOAA email that you did earlier today. I participated in the survey and gave the TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy (TMOP) high marks. I use 3 maintenance drugs and get the 90 day supplies by mail at minimal cost and with no hassle. I am very happy I'll be able to continue to use TMOP in a couple of months when I turn 65 and have to go on Medicare.

When you say you fill your 8 RX at no cost, do you mean you use TMOP or a Military Treatment Facility (MTF) pharmacy? If you're getting them at no cost through TMOP, you know something I don't. (I have no MTFs near me.)

Old 02-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Refills @ MTF pharmacy about 5 miles away.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Spouse and I are getting absolutely pelted with TRICARE mailings and MOAA e-mails about using the TMOP.

The only catch is that we don't take prescription medications.

Hmmm... I wonder how much TRICARE is spending on bulk mail... maybe I can see another cost-saving in an overlooked area...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote