Valsartan Recall

cheers !!

i am on Entresto which has Valsartan as one of two active ingredients , and while not currently on that list , i will give the local pharmacist a heads up , just in case the problem spreads

thanks

I may have misinterpreted the scope of this recall. From the link which lists the companies whose products have been recalled:

Recalled Products

Medicine Company
Valsartan Major Pharmaceuticals

I thought that Major Pharmaceuticals meant that most of the big companies would be affected. Humana told me that Major Pharmaceuticals is the name of a specific company and that it is not a category of large drug companies.

from the link here is full list of manufacturers.
You should have the manufacturer listed on your prescription bottle
also please note it is not valsartan itself that is the "culprit", but a possible contaminant introduced into the process at these specific manufacturers:

Medicine
Company Valsartan Major Pharmaceuticals Valsartan Solco Healthcare Valsartan Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) Solco Healthcare Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.

Its from China .... to get stuff into the country to sale you gotta jump thru lots of regulation, to get stuff out anything goes.

Back
Top Bottom