What do you take daily to keep good health?

No pills, but I do incorporate a few 'interesting substances' and foodstuffs into my daily or near daily diet -

Green/black tea
Cocoa powder
Tumeric
Ginger
Rosemary
Canned sardines
Hydrolyzed collagen powder

+1 to raw cacao powder, and to canned sardines. I try to eat at least a few servings of each of those every week. Also vitamin D and vitamin K2 supplements a few days a week. And chia seeds and powdered psyllium husks daily for good digestive health & regularity.

Multivitamin, calcium, & Vitamin D. Cut down to every other day as last year my doc said I had unusually high vitamin levels. Do not usually eat processed food and exercise at least once, sometimes 2-3 times/day, mostly doing outdoor activities such as walking, cycling, tennis, hiking, swimming, water aerobics. Sleep until I wake up, usually no alarm.

- over-50 multi vitamin
- additional 500mg vitamin C
- fish oil
- glucosamine
- 2 meds for high BP plus 81mg aspirin
- 10K steps (fitbit)
- low carb diet
- salt substitute (potassium)
- 8-10 glasses of water

My BP has come down steadily since retiring and dropping 40 pounds. Doc has twice reduced my dosage and I'm maintaining 120/80.

DW & I tried Turmeric for a (short) while.....didn't care for the side effects.

Interesting (spelling corrected - thanks) Did you consume it with food?
I sprinkle about a teaspoon of turmeric and rosemary powder on my eggs each morning with no ill effects.

Low dose aspirin (per my doctor's suggestion)
Multi vitamin
2 Organic Green Tea capsules daily (a while back there was a preliminary study that this is good for my chronic disease; I'm in relatively very good health so frankly am afraid to stop this, even if it likely has no effect).
And, I exercise daily.

That's my healthy stuff. But I also have a Hostess Cupcake after lunch, or its equivalent, and a cup of low fat ice cream every night. :)

Interesting (spelling corrected - thanks) Did you consume it with food?
I sprinkle about a teaspoon of turmeric and rosemary powder on my eggs each morning with no ill effects.

Yes, added it to food...DW at the time was suffering from periodic heartburn, (she still gets it once in a while), and all the doctor could suggest was taking antacids.

We attended a seminar, sponsored by our local health food store, that suggested that some people, (apparently she was one), have lower levels of stomach acids than are optimal, (and taking antacids would, the theory went, only exacerbate the problem)........we purchased a supply of the 'higher quality' product, (and took it beyond the suggested minimum time for it to become effective)....didn't work for her, and the intestinal side effects, (and I'm a hot pepper consumer), we attributed, (rightly or wrongly, but we'd made no other dietary changes), to the turmeric.

Glad it's working for you.

About a square inch of Trader Joe 70% cacao chocolate. ;)

I tried turmeric ginger tea--homemade with fresh ginger and organic turmeric powder-- for awhile. It had a sedative effect similar to melatonin for me, and I liked the taste. What I didn't like was orange tongue, orange teeth, orange toothbrush, so I stopped it.

I've been taking milk thistle that has some artichoke and turmeric in it. It really seems to help with the symptoms of BPH and getting up at night. Like amazingly helpful.

- Over 50 multivitamin
- Fish oil
- Coffee first thing
- My thyroid med
- As many fruits and vegetables as I can stand
- Daily exercise walking biking yoga weights
- Prunes
- 7-8 hours of sleep, no alarm clock
- Monthly massage, I think I need more

Multivitamin, low dose, aspirin, b12, iron, vitamin A. But I cannot separate that from exercise. Go to gym 3-4 times a week to workout for an hour, do a daily 5 min "intense" workout, and try to get in 10-15,000 steps a day.

I take it easy....

No, not really. Cholesterol is not a problem, nor is any other data point in my blood work. Lucky, so far at 73.

I take:

20 mg bata blocker
81 mg aspirin
Vitamin D
Premier Protein drink (12 oz) (30% protein)

Do a water fitness class and then swim laps 3x week.

Walk on the beach for 2 miles (longer on days with no water fitness class) every morning - 7days a week.

Sleep 8 hours/night.

I take methylized b12 and methylized b9 (our family has variants of the MTHFR mutation so we need the methylized form and can't break down the green veggie folate into the form that makes the neurotransmitters happy.)
I take Iron and Fish oil.

Feeling healthier now than I have in a long time- probably because of the swimming laps - which I added to the mix in late spring.

I don't take any food supplement.

I believe in moderation. I eat good meals with plenty of fruits. Dinner always before 6. Walk after meals.

Used to run half marathon every weekend, but that is my previous life 15+ years ago.

Used to run half marathon every weekend, but that is my previous life 15+ years ago.

I used to run 10 miles a day, every day, but that was in a previous life almost 45 years ago. :LOL:

Walk 3-4 miles most days. Eat only whole, real foods--low carb. Take several prescription meds. Very few vitamin supplements. Get some sun for Vitamin D each day in summer.

And plenty of "me" time! I am happy and grateful for everything I have.

Last edited:
I used to take a multi vitamin, krill oil, a probiotic, and a few other supplements. But I couldn't tell if these were doing anything for me, so I stopped and now I don't take any pill regularly. A healthy diet and moderate exercise is all I do to keep in good health. Knock wood...

I have an autoimmune problem and have my blood tested every four weeks, so I can experiment and see what happens. If I go out and party, eat party food and drink it shows on my blood results.

I take vitamin D (prescription), statin, low-dose aspirin, multi, calcium, krill oil, and turmeric. I keep trying to change my lifestyle in order to get off the statins.

I am a type II diabetic and chose to go on insulin pump for stability. I never stop building on my three houses and find my blood sugar reading to.he 40 points lower with a little hard work.

I eat healthy and can eat normally when on the pump.

Back
Top Bottom