What happens when we all live to 100

If I do live to 100, I hope a lot of you are still alive too so that I can point out that it really WAS a good idea for me to put off claiming SS. :D

Thanks for giving me my best laugh of the day. Finally there would be a definitive answer to that endless debate!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I'm good for as much advanced age as I can get. Some grandparents made it to late 90's still lucid, a few relatives even older. If I'm slowed down there's still a lot of life to enjoy. I can sleep a lot and still enjoy some TV, movies, books on tape even if I'm very frail. Not that I wouldn't prefer to be hale and hearty and hiking and biking for a few more decades, but if advanced age starts to limit some activities, I'll shift to other things I can still do. I'm far too optimistic to ever think there's a maximum age I don't want to live past.

Living to a 100 I'm not sure about although financially I should be OK.

A few months ago I had a nightmare that I was 117 years old and I never want to live to be that age! When I told my Dad about the nightmare he laughed as he understood why I considered it a nightmare.

Agreed. Based on family history, I expect to be gone or wish I was gone before I hit 80.
Yeah, what is the point. Unless they can make people in their 90's or 100 feel like they are 50 years younger. But then again the money runs out.

Count me out. Try and live well, with the body and genes we are given .

I have of up close and personal experience with many aging relatives, kept alive by modern medicine. Mostly in misery. I want no part of it for myself, and the planet is starting to feel the strains of the existing population. I just don't think we were intended to ignore the intent of nature.

Where is the balance point of letting nature prevail , or use medicine ? I'm not smart enough for that question.

If that many are having miserable existence, how come they are not all committing suicide? After all, they have access to a ton of medication, much more than any other generation have had that would easily dispatch them.
A lot of reasons not to commit suicide. Religion, not wanting to hurt your children, not wanting to leave you spouse alone, hope that whatever it is will get better...

Ha

Longevity without mental and physical health does not seem very desirable to me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom